cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sign-in button doesn't do anything

I've not used nowTV before, but wanted to give it a try for the football tomorrow.  I installed the ps3 app and fired it up.  O went to my account and it told me to sign in.

So I entered my email address (and typed it in wrong), and password, hit sign in and it gave me an error saying the username or account was wrong.  So I fixed it, and hit sign in.  Nothing.  No error, it just didn't respond.

I then realised that my username and email are probably not the same thing.   Just to check, I fired up a browser and logged in to confirm that my details were correct.  Then I went back to the PS3 and typed in my username and password and hit sign-in.  Again, nothing.

I repeated a number of times, quitting the app and reloading as well.  I also tried deleting the app then reinstalling.  But in all cases, the sign-in button does literally nothing.  There's no feedback at all that it's been pressed.  But the UI is still responsive - I can go into the other fields and change them.  But it just doesn't work.

Anyone know what I might be doing wrong?  Or if there's a way round this?  Not sure if deleting the app also deleting my saved data or not but I couldn't find an option to delete the saved data on its own.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Yes, you've hit the nail on the head, if you haven't yet entered your payment details then your account isn't fully setup yet, which is why the PS3 isn't accepting it. Don't worry about entering payment details as you won't be charged for anything (they reserve 10p on your payment card during the verification process to chck the details are real, but it's not actually taken from your account, although some providers show it as pending for a few days).

If you've not used NOW TV before you can start a free 14 day trial of the ents, movies and kids passes but make sure you cancel these before the 14 days is up otherwise they roll over into a paid pass.

For further peace of mind, once your account is set up you can enable your payment PIN on your account by going to the My Account > Payment PIN page and this will prevent anyone in the house accidentally purchasing passes.

http://account.nowtv.com/payment-pin

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

You can delete app data by following the steps on this help article

http://help.nowtv.com/article/NOW-TV-app-crashes-PS3

Just to make sure you are logging in with the correct details, on the NOW TV website go to your My Account > Account Details page 

http://account.nowtv.com/account-details

and you'll find your username there. This is what you want to be logging in with on the PS3. If you still have trouble after that try having a word with live chat.

To get to live chat, go to the following help page and click the Start Live Chat button.

http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/Help-with-signing-in

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wow - what a fast response, thank you!

I've followed the steps to delete the app and the game data and tried again, but still no luck.  Again it's not telling me that my username/password is wrong, it's just not acknowledging my button click at all.  (The first time it did complain that I made a mistake, which I had.)

#I wonder - it's not because I haven't added my card details yet, is it?  I followed the link you gave me to verify my username and it asked for card details instead.  (I am sure it's the right username though as I've been using it to log into the web site.)

I was hoping not to add payment details #until tomorrow as I don't want to accidentally buy a pass for today.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Yes, you've hit the nail on the head, if you haven't yet entered your payment details then your account isn't fully setup yet, which is why the PS3 isn't accepting it. Don't worry about entering payment details as you won't be charged for anything (they reserve 10p on your payment card during the verification process to chck the details are real, but it's not actually taken from your account, although some providers show it as pending for a few days).

If you've not used NOW TV before you can start a free 14 day trial of the ents, movies and kids passes but make sure you cancel these before the 14 days is up otherwise they roll over into a paid pass.

For further peace of mind, once your account is set up you can enable your payment PIN on your account by going to the My Account > Payment PIN page and this will prevent anyone in the house accidentally purchasing passes.

http://account.nowtv.com/payment-pin

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You're welcome, meant to say for future reference if you do start a free trial or buy a pass and want to know how to cancel you'll find the details here

http://help.nowtv.com/article/How-to-cancel-NOW-TV

Dont leave cancelling to the last minute, cancel as soon as you want to as you still get to watch until the end of your trial/paid period after you've cancelled.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Great, thanks Andy.

That's a pretty horrible user experience to be honest - the app just looks totally broken.  A little error message would have saved me a lot of time.

Anyway really appreciate your help with this - I'll add in my card details and see what happens.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So I entered my card details and was told that an error had occurred and I should contact the support team.  But looks like it has worked, and I have managed to purchase the day pass now.  Wonder if it was because I tried to use a 10% voucher.

Oh well, seems to be working now, although I've wasted most of the morning now.

Thanks again for your help!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

No worries, thanks for letting me know it's working.

Day and week sports passes are one-off purchases, you don't need to cancel them or anything, so just sit back and (hopefully) enjoy it for the rest of the day! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Despite being a bit frustrated, I am pleasantly surprised by the support both on here from you, Andy, but also on the live chat.  Now just hope the streaming works!  🙂