cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

is there any way to replace the standard router?

Hi, is there anyway to replace the standard NowTV router, my major issue is that I am unable to add in any sort of the control over the times that certain devices can access the internet.

I had a BT router before which was great for this.

I've tried using the firewalll scheduler but it just blocks everything.

cheers

42 REPLIES 42
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does anyone know if sky q hub will work on nowtv fibre as looking at replacing normal nr701 hub and on fab fibre package?
Graham-S
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:
Does anyone know if sky q hub will work on nowtv fibre as looking at replacing normal nr701 hub and on fab fibre package?

Hey there Adfen Smiley Happy We can't find a reason why it wouldn't work, Although any issue's we're unable to troubleshoot since its not our Hub.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there, did it work? im thinking of doing the same

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User https://www.uswitch.com/broadband/news/2016/03/sky_q_is_now_available_to_non_sky_broadband_customers

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can confirm that the Sky Q hub works perfectly fine with NowTv broadband - Have just set one up for my sister today as the supplied SR102 router isnt very good by todays standards wirelessly

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi, is there anyway to replace the standard NowTV router, my major issue is that I am unable to add in any sort of the control over the times that certain devices can access the internet.

I had a BT router before which was great for this.

I've tried using the firewalll scheduler but it just blocks everything.

cheers

It seems you can use a 3rd party router however we wouldn't be able to provide support if somehting were to go wrong. Have you got any spare old routers lying around to test this first as i wouldn't want you wasting time/money on a new router before testing the waters @Anonymous User

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Great! How do we get the details needed from the current router? I cant even log in to the admin panel!

Might stop me leaving if I can get a decent router on the FTTC.

Sorry OP for butting in, but I was very excited after being told no. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just received my router and also what to set up time based access controls. I've looked and I can't find where the settings are to replicate them on another router. Are they easy to obtain?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I've just received my router and also what to set up time based access controls. I've looked and I can't find where the settings are to replicate them on another router. Are they easy to obtain?

No idea, Never got a reply. Based on the fact the router is trash I am (gladly in the knowledge I paid for 1 month at a time) cancelling my NowTV. The Sky Network might be good - but the fact the wifi is so bad on this router means that with no alternative, dosen't matter how good it may be, it's not. 

Shame really, but I can migrate elsewhere which will allow me to us my Billion Router.