cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

shows and movies not playing correctly

hiya i cant find the live chat feature to sort this out quickly so hopefully the replies here dont take too long as im waiting to watch something

whatever i watch keeps jumping or repeating parts several times

ive deleted and reinstalled the player but i dont know what else to do to fix it, it happens on any show so its not just that show thats not working

6 REPLIES 6
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Hello 🙂

Since you said "player", what device are you using to stream? 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

im using a laptop on windows using the now tv player

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Ah okay,

https://help.nowtv.com/article/watching-now-tv-on-windows

To get to live chat, click the link and select the green "contact us" button at the bottom of it. There, you will see a live chat option. 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @caseyb1993

Hi Kirsty

I don't use a laptop myself but my son has one, plus I've always used windows on my PCs in one form or another, starting from Windows 3.1.

Anyway, one of the things common to most, if not all, versions of windows is that when they start to run out of memory the applications that they are running start to slow down. Usually, to cure this problem you have to re-boot your windows computer and, when it's back up again, close down all unnecessary programs. Only then can you start up the NowTV app and possibly get it running normally.

Now Kirsty, I don't know how much memory you have in your laptop or what version of windows you are running, because each version has it's own peculiarities, but the thing all versions of windows share is that they are all hungry for memory, and I think this is the problem you may be experiencing.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

its been happening for a few days, at first i thought t was just a problem with the show i was watching but iv since watched others and realised its not

rebooting doesnt help as ive turned the laptop off between watching things and it still does the same and the only thing open in the background is the internet page with now tv whic shouldnt be a problem

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @caseyb1993

Hi again Kirsty

You know, there are a couple of PC utilities I could recommend but, if not used properly, could cause more problems than they solve.

I would recommend you asked someone with computer experience to take a look at your laptop and see if they can determine what is causing the problem, i.e. whether it's memory related or the NowTV app itself, and hopefully they can help you to sort if out.

As you can imagine, trying to solve any windows PC/laptop problem without knowing what your dealing with could be dangerous.

UK Bob