cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

"Something is wrong. The app will now quit." Error

I have followed all the "something went wrong" error solutions by uninstalling the app and clearing all my cookies etc and restarting my router and nothing seems to work.

The error is: "Something is wrong. The app will now quit." as opposed to "something went wrong" and I can't find a solution for this anywhere??

Someone help please!

28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem - anybody can help, please?

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anyone have a solution to this as problem has just started occuring on my Windows 10 laptop.

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

same problem here too

any solutions yet?

i've tried the usual thing of uninstalling and reinstalling the app but still the issue remains

thanks

cobblers
Advocate

I get the exact same issue today. Was working fine yesterday.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm also encountering the same issue which has only started occurred today.

No issues encountered before today.

Cleared my cheche/history and also removed and installed the app again.

However, the issue still persists.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm getting the same issue, started today.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have a look at the post directly above from yours, I mentioned the Now TV have highlighted the issue and looking into it. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just to update this, the problem persisted for a couple of days, I tried doing all the suggested fixes, uninstalling, deleting install directory, deleting browser cache, launching from a different browser, etc.

Then as quickly and as mysteriously as it started the problem just went away. During the time I had the issue I could continue to watch NowTV on my laptop provided I just moved any of the spawned  "Something is wrong. The app will now quit." dialog boxes out of the way (at one point I think I had about 20 of them open)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I suspected it was a browser issue, I'm on a Mac. I tried Safari at first, I've found this browser has always been tricky with Now, then Chrome, which always worked great,  but this time, no luck, as bad as Safari. However, I persisted and to my relief, Firefox came to the rescue.