cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

"Something is wrong. The app will now quit." Error

I have followed all the "something went wrong" error solutions by uninstalling the app and clearing all my cookies etc and restarting my router and nothing seems to work.

The error is: "Something is wrong. The app will now quit." as opposed to "something went wrong" and I can't find a solution for this anywhere??

Someone help please!

28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have same problem. Worked fine last time I used it a few days ago. Tried downloading new player several times, clearing cache, resetting router and still same problem.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same as of today. The player works fine - audio and video - but the error message "Something is wrong. The app will now quit." error is still there, and if I click on 'OK' on the error message, then the app quits. If I don't, it works fine.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue here, "something is wrong. The app will now quit". Only since the morning of the 22.01.20 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue here this morning, new problem. The player works fine, but the error message comes up in a separate box. If you close the box, the player closes (despite it working fine)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same for me. only started 22.1.21. 

barnesy07
Mentor

Same issue for me on my Mac. Player starts up fine and then a couple of second in I get the error and the player quits.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@barnesy07 @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Now TV has highlighted there is a fault with the Player on PC/Laptops

https://help.nowtv.com/service-status

PC error.png

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same problem, albeit I have a crap workaround which allows me to watch the great Jimmy Anderson in action

Simply ignore the "something is wrong" pop-up and hide this behind the Now TV Player window which still works.

If you close the pop-up or click "close" on the pop-up then the Now TV window will shut

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have a look at 2 posts above from yours, I mentioned the Now TV have highlighted the issue and looking into it. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help