cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

"Screen recording software detected"

Hi everyone,

I've just signed up for NowTV, I keep getting cut off saying that I have screen recorder software running, I've missed quite a lot of the match I've paid £20 for a month pass to watch.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

I'm on a Macbook 2018 (OS 10.14).

Thanks lots!

R

75 REPLIES 75
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Have a good read through this:-

https://www.nowtv.com/gb/widget/eng/privacy

This should both allay any fears you may have that Sky/Now haven’t thought things through for GDPR compliance, and/or haven’t informed you about all the uses to which your data might be put, who it is shared with, and so on.

It also covers Now’s legitimate right (and indeed its obligations to third party content providers) to monitor the circumstances under which its content is consumed by you, to ensure that no forbidden activity - like copying that content - is happening, or is potentially likely to happen.

Any detail queries from reading this, please come back with them.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Running Mac OS monterey and cannot watch anything without this message popping up. However it has worked on Monterey up until Friday. Closed every app apart from Chrome and the player and still it persists. Not running Telegram. Help is uncontactable and they dont even link to the correct twitter page - its quite obvious they have no desire to help anyone out. 

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Anonymous User 

So we can try to replicate the issue can you let us know what version of Mac OS your running, the NOW app number and if your mac is connected to any screens/tvs

You should always be able to contact us by using this page and pressing the "down arrow" icon to see the Live Chat option.

Not sure what you mean when you say we don't link to the right Twitter page? Can you let me know where you're seeing this and I'll get it corrected if it's not the right one.

Thanks

Simon

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the same issue on macOS Monterey 12.0.1 don't have any of previously suggested apps running but still have issues

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Simon-J I think the user is implying that if you click on the Twitter icon at the bottom it takes you to this page

https://mobile.twitter.com/NOWTV

Which I assume to be the old corporate page, but to get help and report issues users need to go to this page

https://mobile.twitter.com/NOWHelpTeam

There is nothing on the old corporate to suggest that help is available on another, unlisted, page but there is a link "go to @Now" which takes you to another page entirely

https://mobile.twitter.com/NOW

Which I assume to be the new corporate page.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User  Thankyou!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes closing windows snipping tool fixed it for me as well!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

MacOS 12.0.1

(tried turning off & then uninstalling anything suggested above & rebooting a fair few times)

Got rid of the screen recording message by disabling Focus & Notifications: my guess is that Focus was the culprit

Anonymous User
Not applicable

& it's back

Error code: VGC-4253024462:4253024462

on NOwTV player Version 8.10.0 (8.10.0)

OSX 12.2.1

It's kinda hard to know what else to try.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

& it's back

Error code: VGC-4253024462:4253024462

on NOwTV player Version 8.10.0 (8.10.0)

OSX 12.2.1

It's kinda hard to know what else to try.

Hi @Anonymous User 

I'll probably be of limited help here, as I don't have Apple kit, but that's no reason for me not to try

This may seem like a silly question but are you on the latest version of the now player? I ask because on Windows. The current version is 8.14.0. I know that on Windows. The player checks for updates automatically whenever you start it, but it might work a bit differently on Mac

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.