cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

"Screen recording software detected"

Hi everyone,

I've just signed up for NowTV, I keep getting cut off saying that I have screen recorder software running, I've missed quite a lot of the match I've paid £20 for a month pass to watch.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

I'm on a Macbook 2018 (OS 10.14).

Thanks lots!

R

75 REPLIES 75
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for this. I'm on macos and it was Telegram for me, too. WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger are fine. 

What an utterly unhelpful error message. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm getting that issue now i do have screen recording software for gaming which is nividia shadow play i guess it expects me to uninstall my GPU driver ;-;

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I disabled Instant Reply to fix the issue; I just have to remember to turn it back on now!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

For me it was also Panopto running in background

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just hit this issue and realised it's because I am working while watching the football and kept having to take screenshots. Every time I take a screenshot it breaks. Amateur software.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had screen sharing on, between my different macs, turned this off, and it now works, 

I realise this is a very old thread, but incase it helps anyone.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just thought I'd add what caused this problem for me... I terminated Greenshot and Zoom, but it still came up with the error. All I did to fix it for me is unplug my webcam!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Windows snipping tool seems to count as 'screen recording software', you'd need nimble fingers to record a whole match 😉

I stopped it and all was ok

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Telegram was the offender for me too! Killed pretty much every other program but my messaging ones because I figured there would be no way it was that....

Simon_C
Mentor

I had this problem too in macOS, and for me it was caused by using OBS (Open Broadcaster Software). Before opening OBS the NowTV player worked fine, but if I opened and then quit it, the NowTV player gave me the screen recording error until I restarted the computer.

I was able to track this down to a background process, "iOSScreenCaptureAssistant", that is started by OBS and persists even after OBS is quit.

To fix this, in Activity Monitor, I looked at the "all processes" view and searched for "iOSScreenCaptureAssistant". When I selected it and quit this process, I was able to watch the NowTV player again.

It looks like this is a core macos component, so I wonder if this might be a common issue for people who run screen recording software - once the OS has started this component, perhaps it just hangs around indefinitely?

Anyway, hope this is useful for someone else!