cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

"Screen recording software detected"

Hi everyone,

I've just signed up for NowTV, I keep getting cut off saying that I have screen recorder software running, I've missed quite a lot of the match I've paid £20 for a month pass to watch.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

I'm on a Macbook 2018 (OS 10.14).

Thanks lots!

R

75 REPLIES 75
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's the Snip Tool.

Amazing though because I had GoToMeeting open in my task manager as well and NowTV has no problem with that. Absolutely hilarious that a SCREEN SHOT tool triggers the detection script, but not an actual video sharing platform.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

closing ms snipping also made it work for me

forgot i even had it open 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That was it for me - thanks very much!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The following may cause this:

• Snipping Tool
  • nVidia Experience
  • Dropbox (Auto-save print-screen)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You sir, are an absolute gent! Ta. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any help for Mac users? I have uninstalled everything I can think of. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

On a MacBook Pro, disabled "Share screenshots using Dropbox" under the Import tab in Dropbox Preferences and then rebooted. Hope this helps

Anonymous User
Not applicable

faratian's suggestion helped a family member on a MacBook with this issue i.e. disabled "Share screenshots using Dropbox" under the Import tab in Dropbox Preferences and then rebooted

In another case on a MacBook Air (macOS Mojave v10.14.6), closing VLC and iMovie solved the issue as well.

As others have mentioned, this does appear to an issue prevalent only in the last few months but I've not read any official response from NowTV tech support to confirm or otherwise if this is indeed a safeguarding measure they have introduced.

I certainly did not experience this in the previous football season 2018/19 having often had the NowTV player playing in the background whilst working on iMovie projects for example. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

and me!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Installing new updates and Restarting my Mac did the trick for me. Good luck peeps! I feel your pain.