cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

"Screen recording software detected"

Hi everyone,

I've just signed up for NowTV, I keep getting cut off saying that I have screen recorder software running, I've missed quite a lot of the match I've paid £20 for a month pass to watch.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

I'm on a Macbook 2018 (OS 10.14).

Thanks lots!

R

75 REPLIES 75
Anonymous User
Not applicable

yup, latest version of the player - Nowtv auto-checks & forces an update.

I've also tried uninstalling, hard reboot, reinstall and .... still get the warning message 😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable

aha!

Solved (again 🙂 )

I Rebooted, unchecking the box to reopen running programmes.

Launched NowTV in Safari, where I have no plugins running (in case using Chrome, which I mostly use & has many plugins running)

Nowtv player runs!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Perfect, worked for me.  Bizarre that NowTV hasnt fixed this issue given how long its been around for.  Dont care I guess

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's definitely not this @ukbobboy.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hey OP

Don't really know why you called me out, I was first marginally involved in this thread nearly a year ago. The guys in this thread had a problem with utilities running in the background of their OSes which they had to either delete or prevent from running, more than that I do not know or hold any further interest it.

Therefore, if you still have a problem with your Now TV app then contact their Help Text Chat.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The information you provided was inaccurate. I wanted you and anyone else who came across your post after searching for help with the error to know that and so avoid unnecessarily alarm. Don't be upset. It's not personal, it's educational. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

In my case problem was that software called Panopto (lecture capture software used in education) had a process running in the background (it was not actually running properly, just a background process). Using Task manager to kill it solved the problem.

Maybe, lecture capture and similar software even just running background processes triggers this, bit paranoid but there ypu go.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

OMG thank you! Panopto wasn't even a background process, but uninstalling it made it work for me!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Great! it was the Panopto service running in the background. Just stop it and it started working again. Many thanks!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Looks like it was Panopto for me too. All sorted now and back to the cricket 🙂