cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

possible update fail

hey everyone, just logged in now to watch some movies, and it asked me to update.
so I do, then went to play a  movie and got this message " The procedure point could not be located"
so I've uninstalled NowTv player and re-installed it, still nothing, same message.

Could this be a company mistake in the update?
thank you 

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

just downloaded the app via the microsoft store and it worked straight away (this never happens to me)

i think i prefer the interface on the app to - its a lot less clunky than the old way

good luck

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had same issue, update to 3.0.0.0 breaks with "Now TV Player.exe - Entry point Not Found" Error.  3.0.0.0 looks like a new update as its signed on the 30th of November.

I think this is due to change of video guard from 8 -> 9 and flakey installer not removing 8, any other version of video guard installed or any of the configuration files.

Tech support gave me 30 minutes entertainment asking me to reinstall that did not work and was noted in 1st comment to them and the other usual turn it on/off again routine, then gave up and refered to 3rd line.  Still waiting for a response.

This is how I fixed it, its a pain in the A***

1. Uninstall now TV.

2. Uninstall cisco video guard 8 & 9.

3. Install now tv from the download link (or if you have already), this will download 2.4 (BAD LINK WHEN CURRENT VERSION IS 3.0.0.0).

4. When you start you have to update, use the update feature to update to 3.0.0.0.  Let it remove the old version, dont click install, do next step.

5. Find the update binary for 3.0.0.0 copy to desktop.  It will be called "NOWTVPlayerInstaller-Windows.exe" in temp (i think).

6. Cancel the installer.

7. Remove now TV, cisco video guard 8 & 9.

8. Remove any files in your appdata directory named now tv or cisco with video guard files.  (Be very careful doing this and it might be better to move them somewhere safe).

9. Install just the now tv from 3.0.0.0, you should now have just now tv and video guard 9 with a clean config that works.

*PLEASE TEST YOUR UPDATES CORRECTLY.  Simple 2.4 -> 3.0 update should not require this run around.

*PLEASE PROVIDE CORRECT LINK TO DOWNLOAD LATEST VERSION.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Karl-F any chance this could be passed onto the technical teams to see if they can look into the issue and advise? Ta.

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Andy Thanks for the heads up.

Our teams are aware of this issue and they are looking into it. 

Users having this issue please see service status for more information: https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Service-Status/Issue-Watching-NOW-TV-via-webplayer-after-updat... and subscribe to that thread to receive update notifications.

Thanks,

Karl

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

For anybody who hasn't already seen it, NOW TV have posted info on rolling back the player here

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Service-Status/Issue-Watching-NOW-TV-via-webplayer-after-updat...