cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

nowtv wont work on my laptop

NOWTV Wont work on my laptop, asked to install silverlight which i have done but it still wont load any film.

135 REPLIES 135
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear that you're having problems getting NOW TV on your laptop.

Is it a Windows 8.1 or 10 laptop? If so, please download the dedicated NOW TV Windows app and use that rather than a browser.

Otherwise, please let us know which version of Windows you're using.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been trying to watch nowtv on my laptop on the nowtv app but wont load the videos and tells me there is a problem preventing playback. how do i resolve this?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear this.

Can you provide us with more information on your laptop please.

Can you let us know the operating system -

Any antivirus software installed -

Your internet provider -

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

its windows 10 dont have anti virus and by internet is with nowtv

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for that information @Anonymous User.

Is the error happening with everything your trying to view ?

Can you make sure that your graphics card drivers are upto date on your machine please ?

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear that you are getting this error message when trying to use NOW TV.

Can you try the steps outlined in this post here please.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI. iv tried all of what has been said on all messages that have been replied to but nothing seems to work. have you ever wondered it could be something in your programme. netflix, chn4, youtube and so on all work. the only one that doesnt is now tv. the old version of silverlight worked fine but the updated version doesnt, isnt it ment to be better?. its been rather annoying so if you have any other ways with out saying to rety the others that would be very helpful. thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

As you say, Darren, everything else works after an update but NOW TV always has problems. Why do you think that is? Their excuses are just that..........bullsh*t. I have been very patient in the past but I am beginning to lose it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us. I'm sorry to hear you're having Silverlight issues.

Could you try:

1. Close all open browsers - including this window. (You might want to copy or note down these steps first.)
  2. Press and hold the Windows key and press R at the same time.
  3. Type %programdata% then select OK.
  4. Open the Microsoft folder.
  5. Open the PlayReady and/or PlayReadySilverlight folder.
  6. Right click on mspr.hds and select Delete.
  7. Finally, close and reopen your browser and try to play NOW TV again.

If the PlayReady and/or PlayReadySilverlight folder is missing, you either do not have administrative privileges or your Silverlight installation has become corrupt. 

Are you using Windows 8.1 or above? You may find you prefer our Windows App.

Please let us know how you get on 🙂

Thanks

Rob

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello, I have subscribed to NOW TV, followed the instructions by downloading both Firefox and Silverlight (I am using a HP EliteBook 840 G2).

Everytime I attempted to watch a show through Firefox, a messages appears saying: "There appears to be a problem with your Silverlight configuration. Please go to nowtv.com/help". I cant understand why there are any issues with Silverlight. Ive checked the NOW TV service status and it says "Everything looks good". I Followed the Troubleshooting link which said "TTP Error 404: Not Found - Well this is embarrassing, we can't find the resource you've requested".

Ive now uninstall Silverlight, rebooted my PC, reinstalled Silverlight and im still having the same issues.

Thanks, Kat