cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

nowtv wont work on my laptop

NOWTV Wont work on my laptop, asked to install silverlight which i have done but it still wont load any film.

135 REPLIES 135
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

what does not work, can you sign in ok ? well, mine does its almost perfect except for "buffering" quite a lot.

are you using a wireless router. ?

also are your devices ok

I initially bought a  Now TV box which I use down stairs no problem (apart from the awful lack of digital surround, but that's for another page) I am trying to get Now TV to work on my daughters lap top up stairs. I can sign in to my account on her laptop, but if I try and view any films it says I need to instal Silverite or what ever. I installed it but get the same message saying I need to instal it even though it says already installed every time I try and play a movie. I shall try searching for the Now TV app as suggested and see if that allows her to watch movies.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

If you can please try the app and let us know what happens, that would be great.

Also, can you tell us the exact error message/ code you get when you're trying to view on your laptop?

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue.
Having just subscribed I'm attempting to watch a series on my laptop (as for some reason this series is not available on NowTV on my TV set).
When selecting the season and episode and clicking play, the fully updated silverlight viewer pops up but remains blank.
All popups have been approved, yet no audio visual ensues. I am attempting to watch on Firefox as Edge doesn’t work either.
Any tips?
Many thanks in advance,

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues.

Which series isn't on the box but on the website out of interest?

There are some settings within Silverlight that it's important to check:

- Open Silverlight.

- Click on "Playback" tab.

- Ensure all boxes are ticked.

In Firefox:

- Click the "three-lined" menu button in the top right corner.

- Click "Add-ons".

- Find Silverlight and ensure that the drop-down box is set to "Always Activated".

Thanks, let us know how you get on.

Rob 🙂

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv not loading on my laptop. Iv just started my free trial and sign up for an Entertainment package. Internet fine, new laptop, up todate everything. Is it because of all the new customers joining because of GAME OF THRONES starting tomorrow??????

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User what operating system and browser are you using? It's likely that Silverlight needs whitelisting to run with NOW TV. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

firefox on windows 10.

cheers

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Try the NowTV app in the Windows App Store, imo works better than an internet browser.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User when using Firefox, on the left of the address bar might be a lego piece , click on this and Allow and Remember nowtv.com to run "Silverlight".
You then might need to refresh the page.

Although I'd suggest using the Windows App instead of Silverlight, a lot less hassle.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have installed and uninstalled silverlight. help.