cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

nowtv wont work on my laptop

NOWTV Wont work on my laptop, asked to install silverlight which i have done but it still wont load any film.

135 REPLIES 135
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just started the free 30 day trial. I tried to play a film and nothing is happening when i click 'play now' screen just gets darker and nothing seems to be loading or streaming. I've tried a few times and it's always the same. Am I missing something?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi catbling,

Thank you for your post.

You could try going into the Silverlight App, disabling the "enable hardware-accelerated playback",  then try to play a movie and then enable the button again.

Please let us know how you get on.

Regards,

Catherine

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem and i have done what you have recommended and it hasn't changed any other ideas? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi JessicaSpencer1,

Thanks for getting in contact with us.

Can you tell me if the following video test plays for you?

Regards,

Aaron

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have same problem, completely uninstalled & reinstalled Silverlight several times, disabled acceleration....but it still won't work on my laptop. All updates for computer virus windows etc. etc. bang up to date. Problem is Silverlight just doesn't work. Needs a fix of some kind, urgently.

Thank you

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi catbling,

Thank you for your post.

You could try going into the Silverlight App, disabling the "enable hardware-accelerated playback",  then try to play a movie and then enable the button again.

Please let us know how you get on.

Regards,

Catherine

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post.

Is the issue still ongoing?

Can you tell us what exactly is happening when trying to watch on your laptop? Error messages/codes etc etc?

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV is using subscribers as guinea pigs to work out how to stream as cheaply as possible while milking £9.99 as many times as they can before customers get sick of Silverlight issues, streaming problems, buffering, crashes etc

It is a giant scam and after trying to watch a couple of football matches that looked like snow was falling

and the players were on crack I have given in.

So Mr Murdoch you can stick Now TV where the sun don't shine and go back to listening to celebs phone calls, or murdered children, whatever gives that little dinky of yours a 45 degree rise.

BEFORE you sell something to people its a good idea to make it work first. It's simple.

Punters - you are paying big money for Sky to use to develop this system. Your money - their profits.

Get a dog take a walk - enjoy life.

Peace out.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have tried to watch a film and it is teling me to download microsoft silverlight but when i click install a message pops up to say error help

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi chazzyb,

What device are you trying to watch NOW TV on?

If you're on a PC, laptop or Mac, then you will have to download Silverlight. Could you tell me any more about what steps you're taking and what the error message is that you're receving?

Thanks for your help,

Rich

NOW TV Team