cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

mspr.hds

Cannot find mspr.hds file on macbook air , to delete it so enabling me to get rid of black screen with sound . Any suggestions please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User unfortunately I don't think that help article relates to the problem you're experiencing. Are you using the now tv player app? If so, I think you're suffering from an issue that is directly related to the new player.

What type of Mac do you have? And what type of graphics card does it have? If you click the apple logo in the top left of your screen and select 'about this mac' you should get a pop up with your system information. Everything on there would be really useful for the teams investigating this.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hi

John

Welcome to the forum

Could you follow the steps on this link

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Black-Screen-Mac

Thanks

Aaron

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User unfortunately I don't think that help article relates to the problem you're experiencing. Are you using the now tv player app? If so, I think you're suffering from an issue that is directly related to the new player.

What type of Mac do you have? And what type of graphics card does it have? If you click the apple logo in the top left of your screen and select 'about this mac' you should get a pop up with your system information. Everything on there would be really useful for the teams investigating this.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I should say everything there except your serial number!! 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI jon, thanks for your help macbook air mid 2011.Hope this is the information you asked for 

Model Name: MacBook Air

Model Identifier: MacBookAir4,1

Processor Name: Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 1.6 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 2

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 3 MB

Memory: 2 GB

Boot ROM Version: MBA41.0077.B15

SMC Version (system): 1.74f4

Hardware UUID: 91F50429-7398-53D6-A3D8-78D9CD4927C1

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi again Jon.

Graphics card is Intel HD graphics 3000 288 Mb

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Thanks for posting that, I'm sure it'll prove useful to the teams that are looking into the issue. On the Sky Go forums, a lot of users with your graphics card seem to be having the same problem. From what I understand, Now TV suffer from the same issue and are in the process of fixing this, but I have no idea as to when that'll make it's way to us unfortunately. 

In the meantime, have you used the Silverlight player before or are you a new user? If you have Silverlight installed on your system, you should be able to watch content via Firefox. I know it's a bit of hassle, but that should at least get you watching stuff until the fix is released. Hope this helps! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No Jon, I dont have silverlight installed, I did have but had to reinstall my OS X, and by the time I went to install silverlight again it was too late to be able to download it. So will have to wait for the now player update .

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You should still be able to download Silverlight on your Mac from here

https://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/Get-Started/Install/Default.aspx

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you Andy, have now tv working on firefox with silverlight.