cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

have to reboot the router every time restarting the pc

Hey Guys,
I've got the Broadband setup with NowTV and every single time I restart the machine I have to reboot the router to have internet connectivity. Am I missing something on the router settings here?

(The PC is wired through the router via DSL. It's not a wifi).

• PC
12 REPLIES 12
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I don’t know about wired through DSL - what’s DSL in this context?

Or do you mean you are wired through Ethernet, perhaps with powerline adapters, perhaps not?

But you certainly have a problem with one of the two devices, as this shouldn’t be happening - the question is which, router or PC?

Do you have any other devices in the house that use the router, wired or WiFi?

Do these lose the internet connection if restarted?

If this is a general problem, the you need to call the number you were given for Broadband issues - probably to be found in My Account/Broadband & Calls.

But if it is just a PC problem, then you need to call whoever supports your PC, or look for help online.

As a start, though, you could look in Control Panel/Network Settings, and see whether the PC can see the router when it boots, but can’t get out to the internet, or whether it can’t even see the router.

And look for anything else the PC can’t do when booted, like showing the correct date and time, and so on.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Roy,

Yup it's wired to the router. The router has tons of other devices connected to it as well via the wifi though only problem we have is with the the wired hardware that get restarted which require a router reboot.

The pc can definitely see the router but can't get an internet connection going.

The network card has all the appropriate drivers installed and I havn't had this issue with other providers only with [voucher code removed] since I've got it (few months ago).

RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

It’s not quite clear - are you saying you have other wired devices with the same problem?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes there's other devices that are wired in with the same problem (i.e. the nowTV box).

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Time to try a full factory reset of the router, I think.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Didn't work

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

OK, time to call the broadband line then.

And your reset attempt will not have been wasted, as that is the first thing they would have asked you to try.

But it is starting to sound like a faulty router - see what they say.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Roy,

Much appreciated!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Did you ever get a solution to this problem?

Best regards