cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

error code c0262500

Hi All,

Recently updated my Samsung Ativ Lite to windows 10 and the app no longer works...

Spoken to SIX now tv live chat help team tonight with no joy. c0262500 error code and no playback. Anybody got any ideas? Graphics driver is fully up to date.

Many thanks

116 REPLIES 116
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Naah. Can't get Silverlight to work at all - even outside of the Now TV app. Shame. I was looking forward to catching up with some box sets. I guess I'll have to wait for Microsoft to withdraw support for Silverlight (2021?). They are gradually killing it, so I don't know why Sky are even using it.

Anyway - Silverlght under Windows 10 is apparently my problem. I've Googled and Googled but I'm getting nowhere. I have 13 more days of free trial to find a solution. If anyone can help, please do! Does Now TV have any kind of support? I haven't found any contact details yet.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Naah. Can't get Silverlight to work at all - even outside of the Now TV app. Shame. I was looking forward to catching up with some box sets. I guess I'll have to wait for Microsoft to withdraw support for Silverlight (2021?). They are gradually killing it, so I don't know why Sky are even using it.

Anyway - Silverlght under Windows 10 is apparently my problem. I've Googled and Googled but I'm getting nowhere. I have 13 more days of free trial to find a solution. If anyone can help, please do! Does Now TV have any kind of support? I haven't found any contact details yet.

@Anonymous User

Are you watching on the nowtv app or watching through the web browser?

Thanks

Aaron

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm using the app. I can't find a way to watch with a browser. That option doesn't seem to exist.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I'm using the app. I can't find a way to watch with a browser. That option doesn't seem to exist.

Provided you have Windows 8.1 (or higher) installed on your computer, the best way to view the NOW TV service is by installing the NOW TV Windows app.

I suggest you remove Silverlight along with associated browsers, if you don't ordinarily use them, as they could be causing conflicts!

Also, it's good practice to re-boot your computer after removing softwares. And even use a registry cleaner 😉

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

Is it a laptop or desktop PC you're using? If it's a desktop PC bear in mind that the app requires HDCP compliance to work properly. This means you must be using either DVI, HDMI or display port (includes mini display port) as your display interface using VGA will not work as VGA is not compliant with HDCP

Be aware that if your computer went through the Windows 10 upgrade when Microsoft were making Windows 10 upgrade is available for free. It it was widely reported that graphics drivers were not being installed/updated correctly as part of the upgrade process. This means you will likely need to reinstall your graphics drivers in order to achieve HDCP compliance and therefore allow the app to work correctly

Also, if it's a laptop you're using are you trying to connect the laptop to a TV?

@Anonymous User hope you don't mind me jumping in Smiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Answers to the above questions: It's a 2-yr old HP laptop. Windows 10 was installed fresh and is up to date. It was not an upgrade. I've uninstalled Silverlight and cleaned the registry with CCleaner. I'm using the Now TV app from the Windows Store. My PC has been rebooted many times. I'm not connecting it to an external monitor. IOBit Driver Booster says I have the latest video driver. There is a later one on the HP web site but it doesn't appear to be compatible.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@commanda6 wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

Is it a laptop or desktop PC you're using? If it's a desktop PC bear in mind that the app requires HDCP compliance to work properly. This means you must be using either DVI, HDMI or display port (includes mini display port) as your display interface using VGA will not work as VGA is not compliant with HDCP

Be aware that if your computer went through the Windows 10 upgrade when Microsoft were making Windows 10 upgrade is available for free. It it was widely reported that graphics drivers were not being installed/updated correctly as part of the upgrade process. This means you will likely need to reinstall your graphics drivers in order to achieve HDCP compliance and therefore allow the app to work correctly

Also, if it's a laptop you're using are you trying to connect the laptop to a TV?

@Anonymous User hope you don't mind me jumping in Smiley Happy

@commanda6 Don't mind at all two heads are better than one as they say Smiley LOL

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i keep getting this error on my hp windows 10 laptop using the nowtv app, its brand new so i didnt think i would have any problems. any suggestions? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User the issue is with the built in Windows DRM and your graphics card. You'll see other Windows 8/8.1/10 apps have the same issue when you search Google for c0262500.

Following the advice from some of the top results should get you working.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had this on my HP Envy Windows 10 , i had to install older intel drivers. Some people insall newer drivers and it works , there is a few posts with this error.