cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brandon
Advocate

bad picture quality

Watching House of The Dragon and its unwatchable, it looks like 720p and then every now and then it switches to 1080p. Its unwatchable and i just paid for this service and i instantly regret it. And no its not my slow internet, my friends also have the same problem, watching on pc's on the now tv player.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Brandon 

You won’t get 1080p from Now unless you have Boost; and even if you do have Boost, you won’t get 1080p on a PC:-

No. The HD and Surround Sound features of Boost aren't available on any of the following devices that you can watch NOW on:

• PC/Mac
    PCS are not happy devices to watch Now on, and especially not for anything like House of Dragons. Give your eyes and ears a treat by watching it on a big screen TV with a soundbar, or even better, a full 5.1 surround system.

Or failing that, the best TV you have, with Now on a Roku device or an Amazon Firestick, if the TV does not have the native Now app.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
RoyB
Legend

@Brandon 

You won’t get 1080p from Now unless you have Boost; and even if you do have Boost, you won’t get 1080p on a PC:-

No. The HD and Surround Sound features of Boost aren't available on any of the following devices that you can watch NOW on:

• PC/Mac
    PCS are not happy devices to watch Now on, and especially not for anything like House of Dragons. Give your eyes and ears a treat by watching it on a big screen TV with a soundbar, or even better, a full 5.1 surround system.

Or failing that, the best TV you have, with Now on a Roku device or an Amazon Firestick, if the TV does not have the native Now app.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Brandon
Advocate

Appreciate that, bit of a joke you cant watch it on pc. Yeah i tried it on pc and it looks amazing. feel like i should of been made aware of this. I tried doing a live chat and they could have told me that but instead we went back and forth for about 20 minutes because apparently my internet was too slow when i said multiple times that it wasn't.

redchiz1
Champion 2

Do you have the Now Boost? Do you have another device you can test with? The Windows players are notoriously flaky. 

Brandon
Advocate

Yes i have boost, and i watched it on my tv and it was fine, pc its ######.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Even with very fast internet, a wired connection and Boost! The quality is honestly quite poor. It's always kinda streaky and muddy looking. Some scenes have those ghosting, trailing effect, for example a person on screen moving with a darker background. Iv always thought Now Tv was lacking in this area and Boost really did nothing much at all, the slightly better resolution just shows the issues clearer. Just compare it to ANY other streaming service and Now TV is way behind them all, no 4k either. I find that baffling. Maybe it's because if you gave 4k and improved the visuals nobody would bother with the main Sky TV service. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

As mentioned in the solution PC isn’t supported for boost to get 1080p.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yet more utter nonsense from now tv 
Honestly its like they WANT to be the last choice of everyone for streaming services. 
the pc software is FU**ING pathetic! 

Draconian mindset using very badly coded software in a futile attempt too stop people streaming their programs for free? News flash NOW TV that doesn't work and even if the software was good it still woulden't work there is no software that would stop anyone who has even the slightest/ smallest idea of what they are doing its impossible! 

the quality of the picture on most devices is bad but on pc its horrendous 
I am a subscriber too alot of streaming services I love the "no advertisements model" adverts wind me up I never watch live tv I can say without a shadow of a doubt Now tv is the WORST out of all of them in every way. 

And without the backing of a huge parent company like Sky negotiating thing like it coming free with BT no one would have it 

the only reason I have now is it comes free with BT lmao 

Fear not if they don't sort all these issues out soon I predict NOW TV being gone within a few years
TBH it blows my mind that a giant of tv like sky could get their streaming service so utterly wrong in so many ways

redchiz1
Champion 2

Um, you need to check your bills/contract if you think it comes "free" with BT. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

im getting it free.