Dear makers of this service, what are you smoking?! It's 2023, not 2003. Me and my wife wanted to watch Oscars. Happily subscribed because Now is the only platform that has it in the UK. Things went downhill from here:
- It requires a separate app to be installed that is super-slow to start. Why?! Why not just play in the browser?
- The video via was not even starting on the day of the installation, it just showed an obscure error
- The next day, login didn't work - the button was literally disabled. The only way to login was via password reset.
- Ok the video starts now (the next day). BUT then it crashes with an error saying that I have screen-recording software. Yeah, zoom and loom and slack and a bunch of other business apps. Ooooh this is why you are requiring a separate app - so that people can't record. Lol. If you think that TV is so valuable in 2023 that someone would bother to screen-record... Good luck. People don't have TVs anymore because so much good stuff is on Youtube and Netflix and HBO etc. Make it hard to use and few will pay you.
- And here comes the killer. Sound is only playing from my laptop's speakers. Bluetooth speakers? Nope. Headphone jack? Nope. For the same reason as screen-recording software error I guess - "so that people don't rip it". Executives making these decisions must be so disconnected from reality that it's not even funny.
Your well posted frsutation of the NOW player will be felt by many other users who use it. However as it is aimed at staff, I hate to say no-one from NOW will jump on and reply.
Best to jump onto live chat and speak with staff, by clicking “chat online” within the green box. Don’t hit “get help quicker” as this is a bot.
Or email support;
customer services @ now tv . uk (ensure no spaces)
You could have watched the Oscars for free on Sky Arts or Sky News, both of which channels carried it in full.
Even if you don’t have a TV, and had to cluster round a laptop, Sky News is available as a standalone app, without any of the browser/player nonsense we have to put up with for Now Memberships on these devices.