cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Windows NowTV App downloaded but not working

I've just joined Now TV on a free trial and followed the intructions to download the app to my windows 10 laptop. OK so far. I go into the shortcut on the desktop which tells me I can now go online and watch programmes. OK. I click to watch and the Launch Application asks me to choose an Application to open the link. I hit 'choose' and try to find the Now TV app on my computer. Now TV then asks me to finish installing the programme (effectively install it again). I'm stuck in a loop. The app is downloaded but it's not talking to Now TV via my web-browser (Firefox). 'Help' also sends me in a loop - being no help at all. Free trial that it is.....

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Can't help sorry about the NowTV player on the NowTV website using your internet browser where i tend to use NowTV boxes when using NowTV and have no experience with PC' when watching NowTV.

However has an alternative, because you are using Windows 10, have you considered the NowTV dedicated NowTV App that you can download from the Microsoft Store.

Might be worth a try if you are getting no joy with the NowTV player on the NowTV website.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for your suggestion to download the App from the Microsoft Store. I can now watch NowTV on my laptop!

RoyB
Legend

There are two components to NowTV on Windows 10, the NowTV App and the NowTV Video player.

I think you are at the point where you have chosen something to play from the App, and it is looking for the video player; but instead you are reloading the App, which is why you keep going round in a loop.

Can you try again, reading the instructions very carefully in the light of the above, and doing exactly what it says, rather than what you think it says?

If it still doesn’t work, though, because it has gone past the point where you get asked to download the video player, try deleting and reloading the App, which should give you another shot at loading the video player.

I had to do all this myself last week when I used a NowTV on my laptop for the first time. And I remember being pretty surprised that there were two downloads involved, but the instructions were pretty clear. And once you get the video player downloaded, it’s all pretty seamless after that; you interact with the App, and the video ‘just plays’, and you can pretty much forget it is a separate thing.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Erm, 'read the instructions 'very' carefully'?  'Do what it says, rather than what you think it says'? Hmm....interesting response to a request for help.

The problem is now resolved, after I very carefully followed the advice from another forum user.  At least, I think I did......

RoyB
Legend

Glad you got it working, then.

You might be amazed how many people on forums fall into the trap of interpreting instructions incorrectly - sorry for the calumny if you never do that Smiley Embarassed

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.