Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Windows 10 App not signing in

Windows 10 x64 Build 1903

Now TV V1.19.0.2

Last worked on 10/10/19; no updates or changes but app now shows as signed out and signing in just gives the "something is wrong" error. I can login to the web with the same credentials and have no issues.

Anyone know if there's planned maintenance or something affecting the app?

25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous User
Not applicable

So I have this too.  Windows 10pc ,  downloaded he Now TV App from Microsoft store.  The app will starts and shows available programs, but refuses to log in.  Responds with  Somethings not right  prompt.

I do have the Now TV Player installed, but that is far to messy to work with... is this a bug or has the App been killed off?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

I just checked, after my Dell XPS 15 has just rebooted from the latest Windows updates, and the App is running fine. (As it was last time I looked; the reboot was by the bye).

So despite the coincidence of you both being affected, it’s not a universal problem.

But if either or both of you haven’t rebooted your PCs in trying to recover from this issue, can I suggest you try that now, and report back?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why do think I'd have not tried basic stuff before I posted? Rebooted, uninstalled/installed the app and it's just the same.

I've contacted the web chat and they have passed the call to the technical team.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Well, I was going to say that I don’t know you from Adam, but you are Adam 😛

But joking aside, we have people on here who range from those who inexplicably ask the exact same question that has been answered in the posting above theirs, through to people like yourself, who have taken a number of sensible steps before posting.

But unless you described that you had taken those steps, which you didn’t, I can’t know that; and so I have to temper my wind to the shorn lamb, unless and until the lamb reveals himself/herself as having a full fleece 🐏

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Indeed, fair point I may not be normal 😜

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

We had that Bertie Bassett on the Community - we get allsorts here 🍬

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I will be interested to know the results/recommendations. From the support team.

Be Steve
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@AdamHearn 

Just wondering if you got a response back from the technical team on this issue?

I have exactly the same problem with the Win10 App.  I also have an older desktop running Win8.1  with an older version of the Windows App from the app store and that version works fine so I suspect it's a problem specifically with the Win10 App.

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sadly all I’ve experienced thus far is multiple emails suggesting I use the web download player and confirming it’s a problem.

There would seem to be near zero interest or ability to fix the app. I have no idea how a company like Sky have such fragmented services.

i said id post back when there’s movement but as of now there’s nothing.