cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Win10 NOW TV Player crashing

Find this in the windows event viewer. Tried reinstalling the app, clearing cookies etc.

Faulting application name: NOW TV Player.exe, version: 8.8.0.0, time stamp: 0x5ba8f866
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.19041.789, time stamp: 0x82dc99a2
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x0009eddb
Faulting process ID: 0x47f0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7ef563dc7bba3
Faulting application path: C:\Users\john\AppData\Roaming\NOW TV\NOW TV Player\NOW TV Player.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Report ID: 52987812-7479-45da-bf69-51db9d69cdf8
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you. But when I type that (or anything else) into the Bitdefender exceptions box, the "Save" button is not lit/active, and so it still doesn't work. I have contacted Bitdefender, and am awaiting a reply.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Did you just put the path, but not the actual NowPlayer.exe (or whatever the program name is) at the end of it?

BitDefective requires the string you type in to end in ‘.exe’ before it will let you Save.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Many thanks. I have now tried adding '.exe', which does indeed permit "Save" for the Online Threat Prevention button, but still not for the Advanced Threat Defense button - therefore, Now TV is still not working, unless I disable Bitdefender for the period of watching on my PC.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have now solved the issue. I have found you have to type in "now tv player" twice, including spaces. So the full exception is:

C:\users\[your name]\appdata\roaming\now tv\now tv player\now tv player.exe

Hope this will help others.

Regards,

Nigel