cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Win10 NOW TV Player crashing

Find this in the windows event viewer. Tried reinstalling the app, clearing cookies etc.

Faulting application name: NOW TV Player.exe, version: 8.8.0.0, time stamp: 0x5ba8f866
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.19041.789, time stamp: 0x82dc99a2
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x0009eddb
Faulting process ID: 0x47f0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7ef563dc7bba3
Faulting application path: C:\Users\john\AppData\Roaming\NOW TV\NOW TV Player\NOW TV Player.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Report ID: 52987812-7479-45da-bf69-51db9d69cdf8
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine is exactly the same, seems to have happened after latest Windows update.

Uninstalled and reinstalled the player but no joy.

RoyB
Legend

Either of you running Bitdefender?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The NOW player has the spinning circle then just closes. I am using BitDefender. Any ideas how to sort this, it works fine on the tv, but not my pc anymore

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You need to go to Advanced Threat Protection in Bitdefender, and exclude the Now Player, wherever that lives on your PC.

High time Bitdefender fixed their false positive here.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @RoyB , thanks for this. what exactly did you exclude because I did this but no joy. I had to turn off Advanced Threat Defense temporarily to get the app to load properly.

---

Update:

I fixed this in the end. I had to go find the full Now TV path in my AppData directory, and copy that into the Advanced Threat Defense exception. No need to tick the Anti-virus exception.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I've got exactly the same problem since the latest WIN 10 update. I've managed to find the AppData folder, but am unclear exactly what to type into the BitDefender exceptions box. Please advise. Thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Whatever I type into the exceptions box does not activate the "Save" button.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I haven’t personally got BitDefective ( and if I did, I’d get rid of it), but I believe you need to give it the full path to the Now Player exe as an Advanced Threat exclusion/exception,

LK
Advocate

Thanks @RoyB it was indeed Bitdefender, strange I did not get any alerts stating it was blocking the app.

For anyone else looking for the Now TV player exe file

for windows

c:/Users/yourUserName/AppData/Roaming/Now TV/Now TV Player

the AppData folder might be hidden so you'll need to go into your view properties and tick the checkbox show all files.