cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why is NowTV so Bad??

I've had countless terrible experiences with NowTV. It used to be alright (still not great), but now, seemingly since we've had to download the NowTV player desktop app, it's embarrassingly ######. Video quality is absolutely pitiful. The fact that it's 2017 and the MAXIMUM playback quality is 720p is outrageous; can't a mega-corporation like Sky manage to host at 1080p? Moreover, we're lucky if we ever get 720p quality. It's so inconsistant that I could be watching and every few seconds the playback quality will fluctuate from bad to worse; going as low as what looks like 240p or even 144p: It's ###### UNWATCHABLE. We pay for this service because we expect to be able to watch the shows we want in GOOD QUALITY- otherwise we'd just stream it for free on some obscure website!

Since it's the only legitimate place non Sky-TV customers can watch Game of Thrones (the biggest show on TV), you'd think they would put the effort in to make sure it actually ###### works! Especially since it used to work so much better using the silverlight player on the website!

It's not a problem on my end either; we have fibre optic broadband (the best available in the UK) and can watch video in a perfectly smooth 1080p on EVERY OTHER PLATFORM- Amazon Prime, Netflix and even Youtube. Now TV and Sky seriously need to step up their game if they want to retain their customer base.

Sorry for the profantiy but I think it's the only way of exclaiming how frustrating this is!

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've had countless terrible experiences with NowTV. It used to be alright (still not great), but now, seemingly since we've had to download the NowTV player desktop app, it's embarrassingly ######. Video quality is absolutely pitiful. The fact that it's 2017 and the MAXIMUM playback quality is 720p is outrageous; can't a mega-corporation like Sky manage to host at 1080p? Moreover, we're lucky if we ever get 720p quality. It's so inconsistant that I could be watching and every few seconds the playback quality will fluctuate from bad to worse; going as low as what looks like 240p or even 144p: It's ###### UNWATCHABLE. We pay for this service because we expect to be able to watch the shows we want in GOOD QUALITY- otherwise we'd just stream it for free on some obscure website!

Since it's the only legitimate place non Sky-TV customers can watch Game of Thrones (the biggest show on TV), you'd think they would put the effort in to make sure it actually ###### works! Especially since it used to work so much better using the silverlight player on the website!

It's not a problem on my end either; we have fibre optic broadband (the best available in the UK) and can watch video in a perfectly smooth 1080p on EVERY OTHER PLATFORM- Amazon Prime, Netflix and even Youtube. Now TV and Sky seriously need to step up their game if they want to retain their customer base.

Sorry for the profantiy but I think it's the only way of exclaiming how frustrating this is!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTv is appaling and frankly I am not even sure after havingg all these issues you still have a subscription.

Just get freeview and netflix / amazon prime and avoid the hassle.

I am equally waiting my sub time out as it is dreadful.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

TOTALLY AGREE......I WOULD RATHER HAVE MY INTESTINES RIPPED OUT THAN USE NOW TV AGAIN and I am a usually placid person.