cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

When are you going to support Linux?

What with Microsoft about to start charging to continue using Windows 10, and Win7 going end of support next year, more and more people are going to move to either Linux Mint or Ubuntu (or others), it's so straight forward, and older devices run so much faster without Windows-bloat.

Despite the fact that both Amazon Prime and Netflix work straight from the browser, NowTV is still in the dark ages.

Come on Sky, get with the times, before more people leave you and switch to the very good Netflix.

• PC
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am in the same boat, but moving finally from Windows XP that NowTV Player will not run on.

Maybe with ChromeCast device attached, and the NowTV app on there?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well, can't even get to the start line on that front. Flat out can't install any recent version of IE through WINE and have it working with any kind of useful functionality. Thought I'd be a real clever git and try installing Chrome. Good. Luck. With. That.

Even Firefox won't work on WINE so a plague on Sky's house. Shame. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well...crap. This isn't what I was hoping to find.

Has anyone tried running IE through WINE and testing this? It's either that or virtualisation, which is a massive sledgehammer to crack one GoT finale sized nut.

I will report my findings...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. see my earlier reply, both Wine and PlayonLinux do not work

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem.

It seems from what I found on an italian Ubuto forum that, to keep it short, there's no way to get nowtv on Linux, not even via Wine or PlayonLinux. So basically, we're stuffed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

many streaming services are using the browser, but I can't with NowTV. Like really ?!!! WTF