cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bacillus
Expert

What's up with this new version of NowTV player 6.1.0.0?

Was told an update was available when I signed on to view a show so I updated to the latest version.

What a downgrade this version appears to be as it's laggy to start playing as I'm waiting up to a minute before the video shows up and even closing it takes about 10 seconds. This never happened with the previous version.

In view of the issues, I looked in Program and Features and there were two versions of cisco guard, one from today and one from the earlier version. I tried deleting the earlier version but that didn't help the laggyness of the application so I uninstalled the now tv program and ciscoguard and reinstalled with a fresh copy of the Now Tv player exe. Unfortunately this didn't make an iota of difference with the laggyness.

I'm using Win 10 pro version 1803 build 17134.320 fully updated.

25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why is that causing a problem? seems like that shouldn't be a requirement of any update since aero is useful waste of CPU.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

On windows 7 Aero, enables direct 3d composition and other features.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This should be stickied!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ive checked online how to turn Aero theme on but mine is grayed out. I ve downloaded a personalization panel but this aint done it either....cant get hold of Now TV....###### useless....web site just takes you in circles...anyone that can help would be greatly appreciated?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can't find THEMES or ENABLE TRANSPARENCY on the Control Panel, Personalisation tab.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorted, thanks