cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bacillus
Expert

What's up with this new version of NowTV player 6.1.0.0?

Was told an update was available when I signed on to view a show so I updated to the latest version.

What a downgrade this version appears to be as it's laggy to start playing as I'm waiting up to a minute before the video shows up and even closing it takes about 10 seconds. This never happened with the previous version.

In view of the issues, I looked in Program and Features and there were two versions of cisco guard, one from today and one from the earlier version. I tried deleting the earlier version but that didn't help the laggyness of the application so I uninstalled the now tv program and ciscoguard and reinstalled with a fresh copy of the Now Tv player exe. Unfortunately this didn't make an iota of difference with the laggyness.

I'm using Win 10 pro version 1803 build 17134.320 fully updated.

25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also upgraded, and mine stop working, and gave the message "oops somethings went wrong", On Npw TV website's advice i re-installed NowTV player, But it still isn't working. V annoyed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah. I'm the same.

This happens almost everytime I have to update the player - it simply doesn't work at first. I usually have to five it a day or so.

But this time around, I'm on my second day, plus have re-started but no joy.

Think I will have to try re-installing, cleaning out the cache and starting again.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@bacillus wrote:

Was told an update was available when I signed on to view a show so I updated to the latest version.

What a downgrade this version appears to be as it's laggy to start playing as I'm waiting up to a minute before the video shows up and even closing it takes about 10 seconds. This never happened with the previous version.

In view of the issues, I looked in Program and Features and there were two versions of cisco guard, one from today and one from the earlier version. I tried deleting the earlier version but that didn't help the laggyness of the application so I uninstalled the now tv program and ciscoguard and reinstalled with a fresh copy of the Now Tv player exe. Unfortunately this didn't make an iota of difference with the laggyness.

I'm using Win 10 pro version 1803 build 17134.320 fully updated.

@bacillus

@Anonymous User 

Very weird guys, i'm not even in the house to test this right now but i will be in tonight. It was playing fine a few days ago so i can't see why an update could be so backwards. Hopefully it just requires a simple hotfix. Hows your CPU usgae looking whne you go to task manager while playing guys? Hopefully cicso isn't becoming the processor eater it once was lol.

bacillus
Expert

My cpu usage is about 60% when viewing so my processer has reasonable spare capacity.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I still can't get anything to start playing on the now tv player, so when i check the CPU it's arround 15-20%. I really don't know what's up with it.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@bacillus wrote:

My cpu usage is about 60% when viewing so my processer has reasonable spare capacity.

@Anonymous User @bacillus 

Your CPU definitely seems to be sweet when trying to run/play at least so it's not that. I'll have it sent off now and see if there is any fix to be implemented. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Installed 6.1.0.0 on two PC's now. Both fail to start nowTV app with display. One had never had app installed so no cache to clear. Think the app is broken in the display part.

bacillus
Expert

@Anonymous User wrote:

Installed 6.1.0.0 on two PC's now. Both fail to start nowTV app with display. One had never had app installed so no cache to clear. Think the app is broken in the display part.

I have to wait for a little over a minute before I get any video showing up.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Done the waiting. Nothing. Got a box too so I guess thats ok, but if it has a windows app is it too much to ask that it works. I have no issues with netflix working on browser. It just gets to me. Its not the only time either. Ranting sorry.