cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Web player broken after "upgrade" to 8.11.0

Forced to upgrade and now previously working nowTV player is broken. I think this is the excuse I was looking for to cancel my subscription. Amazon, Netflix, disneyplus, discoveryplus no problem but nowTV is a pain.

5 REPLIES 5
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User are you using bitdefender or malwarebytes?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How does Bitdefender or Malwarebytes cause a problem?  

Do you need to disable them before starting NowTV Player!

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User it seems that the current version of Now for Windows is being picked up by Bitdefender and possibly malwarebytes as a threat, forcing the player to close.

I'm not in any way IT/pc minded but there are a number of threads where users have added Now to their list of exceptions in both programs and the player then works.

Here's one thread with the last post on page 4 and then the top post on page 5 being the relevent parts.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/PC-Mac/Now-TV-Player-not-working/td-p/543900/page/4

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Saint1976sorry a bit late in my reply but thanks for highlighting this.  Solved the streaming problem on my devices. Cheers!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If it's not a BitDefender issue then it may be the Cisco folder:

I've been struggling with this problem for a few months, spent an hour looking into various error logs and eventually came across this solution from another thread (https://community.nowtv.com/t5/PC-Mac/Now-TV-Player-not-working/td-p/543900/page/2) which has worked for me, so hopefully you will have the same luck too!:

Navigate to C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow

Delete the Cisco folder

Open NowTV Player and it should work.

If this doesn't fix it, delete that cisco folder as well as any NowTV folder inside C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming 

Then reinstall NowTV Player

Tested on Windows 10 x64