cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We've released a new version of the macOS player!

The team have been actively working towards today's release, which should help improve the performance of the player.

This release also prepares the player for some upcoming features, as well as a fix to resolve the p20001 issue so many of you have faced. We just need a bit more time on that one, but we'll let you know as soon as it's ready.

Next time you launch the app, it will present you with a button to download & install the latest version, or you can download the player from the Now TV website.

To celebrate this release, here's our Now TV Player performing a mexican wave! Courtesy of our senior developer Ben L. who broke our unit tests earlier, which resulted in this wonderful little accident Heart

200 REPLIES 200
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi...NowTV app not working...imac. Films sound will play  , but no picture and no visuals at all , just a black screen.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have this problem, I'm running OS X 10.12.4 (sierra) on an iMac. Silverlight used to work, but the NOWTV site says you get better pictures 720pHD only on  the NowTv Player, so I installed it and now I get the same black screen. I get the ident of the programe to play for 3 or 4 seconds then it hangs on a black scree. Have followed thethreads and reinstalled app etc, and nothing. When can we expect a fix for this????? We're paying for a service...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm seeing the same blank screen as others when using the new Now TV player app.  Had to resort to using Firefox which was happy to use Silverlight.  Really poor service, can't believe I cancelled Sky for this!? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've downloaded the new version of the Now TV Player with Firefox on my iMac - just black screen, but I do have audio. I have tried the suggested fix by renaming the mspr.hds file with .old on the end. Did nothing to help.

Lost now - this is a service we pay for - I guess Now TV will be refunding all customers who can't use their player?
There's no other option either - it's not like you can just watch it online as you were before. It's Now TV Player or nothing, and the Player simply doesn't work. So an immediate solution or refund is needed.

Also tried in Safari - same problem.

Tried to uninstall the Now TV Player and it can't even be located in Applications so don't know where to find it....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can you provide us with details of your iMac? You can find information on what we need and how to find it here:

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mac-OS/Mac-black-screen/m-p/418310/highlight/true#M2096

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi - I hope I'm replying in the right place...? I tried to find my
comment/post on the forum but couldn't... sorry.

(Just in case - so I'm having the same black screen problem with the Now TV
Player that others are. We do have audio and every now then a flash of
colour pixels from the film, but it's momentary and doesn't turn in to any
kind of picture.
Note that the first Now TV Player we were asked to download on approx 14th
or 15th March 2017 worked totally fine and the sound quality was improved
from watching online. However there was an updated version of the Player we
were asked to download on 16th March and that's the one that didn't work.)

As requested, here is the information you needed with my post:

OS Version: Mac OS X Yosemite, version 10.10.5
Model: iMac (24", Early 2008)
Processor: 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 4 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS 512 MB

All the best,
Clair
Anonymous User
Not applicable

pls help - i have downloaded now tv player and pai for a day pass but the player doesnt work - just spinning cirlces endlessly whirring around on a blck background ....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Now TV Team,

Have you made any progress on this black screen issue? I've just tested it again, downloaded the offered player freshly, but same old issue. Haven't heard anything from your team on this thread for a while now - hoping you're close to a fix for this.

We haven't had use of Now TV on the iMac (which is our main way of watching it) since the 16th of March - so I take it we will be either refunded or credited with extra days yes?

Also, just so you know, when downloading the Now TV player doesn't automatically get saved in Applications. I had to very specifically make sure it ended up there and go fishing for it a couple of times. I was hoping ensuring it installed in Applications would make a difference, but it didn't unfortunately.

OS Version: Mac OS X Yosemite, version 10.10.5

Model: iMac (24", Early 2008)

Processor: 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory: 4 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS 512 MB

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Now TV Team

I have the same problem.

I would also like a refund.

Specifically signed up to this to watch a series I can't watch!

OS X El Capitan

Version 10.11.6

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2.53GHz, Mid 2009)

Processor 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've had exactly the same problem, signed up to the Sport pass to watch the F1 and couldn't play anything... the NowTV Player gave me a continuous loader and an old version of Firefox was unwatchable (Silverlight played the stream but was so choppy I could've punched the screen). Ended up watching the damn Channel 4 highlights in the afternoon, competely unacceptable!!!

Today I now can play on the NowTV Player and I think I've worked out why... I removed one of my devices that said had been last used in 2016 and now I have 2 devices that say PC, one last used a couple days ago (Firefox) and another just used today (NowTV Player). I'm guessing Silverlight in the NowTV player and the plugin in the browsers obtain their device IDs in different ways, and the crappy NowTV player has no error message to tell you that you've maxed your devices. This can't just be a coincidence... 

How a company with the resources of Sky is still persisting with Silverlight (a technology not even Microsoft support anymore) and not yet migrated to MPEG-DASH for web playback is completely perplexing.