cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Coopey9
Advocate

Re: We've released a new version of the macOS player!

Nice one Sure. As you've probably seen there are many who haven't been able to get things working, could you kindly advise which Mac, OS version and browser you're using this on to see if we can replicate it?

Many thanks in advance,

Paul

0 Thanks
HuddersTown
Mentor

And it's broken.

Harmonize
Advocate

How do I Chromecast the player? I was able to cast the webplayer in Chrome but now that we have to use the app, there is no option to do so. I want to cast from my Mac, not from my phone or any other device.

0 Thanks
Emily10963
Advocate

I too am unable to watch anything.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the player many times, and nothing works. I've tried different browsers (Chrome, Safari and Firefox) and nothing works. I am so dissapointed as I don't want to be forced to watch on my phone/smaller devices. I have tried all possible options already available online and it's not working, at all. 

I've spoken to support yesterday who told me they'd get back to me within 12 hours, well that hasn't happened! I'm absolutely fed up. 

All I'm faced with is a black screen with the loading icon in the middle.

This is a joke, this needs to be sorted for mac users. 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Harmonize

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately NOW TV don't support casting from the Mac app, only from tablets or phones, so whilst I appreciate you managed to get it working via browser you'll need to use your phone moving forward. As long as you always press the cast button before picking the episode you want to cast then your phone won't get added as a new device so won't take up one of your device slots. More info here

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-are-compatible-with-chromecast

0 Thanks
JenC
Mentor

My error code is f20000 - same issues, says it's installed but then when I try to start any show/video, I get the rainbow hanger and then the error code.

0 Thanks
JenC
Mentor

this is what's happening: Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 5.42.54 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-07-21 at 5.42.19 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-07-21 at 5.42.40 PM.png

0 Thanks
Rasco
Mentor

After reading through this forum I honestly cannot believe how NowTV has ignored the majority of peoples complaints.... IS THIS FOR REAL??

I am having the same problem as everyone else

Can someone that actually works for NowTV (not a third party posing as "nowtv team" who keeps posting generic useless answers) please... GIVE US ALL AN UPDATE?

We have payed for your service and many of us haven't been able to watch a thing.... more than that, you've wasted how many hours of paying customers lives who are trying to work your broken service.

And if NowTV does not reply soon then seriously.... ALL OF YOU - people who have been led into buying what is advertised as an easy working service and received a broken one with next to no customer service - we all should band together and launch a campaign to raise awarness for how bad this really is! One of us can write a decent article and we can all share on social media sites...

Hoping it won't come to that and someone can give us all an update.

Trying to find a contact email for Sky to request a refund, has anyone been succesful in getting a refund and how did you go about it? Thanks very much folks

sh16
Advocate

Hi, my reliable Mac OS X version 10.6.8 will no longer update to the version that is able to download your new player and now despite paying the subscription, i cannot watch NOWtv as it is not able to even download your player on my version of mac or safari. What can i do? My mac works fine apart from watching Now tv and I don't really want to buy a new one! Ive tried safari, firefox and Chrome and none of them are able to update to a version to be able to download your new player. Shame. I have ended my subscription but lost the £6.99 I just paid. Help ! the Walking dead season is coming up and this is where I watch it always.

0 Thanks
Banjoblue
Advocate

I can't believe how crap the nowtv player is.  constantly throws up error messages.  constantly hangs up.  how can you justify releasing such a crap product?

0 Thanks