cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We've released a new version of the macOS player!

The team have been actively working towards today's release, which should help improve the performance of the player.

This release also prepares the player for some upcoming features, as well as a fix to resolve the p20001 issue so many of you have faced. We just need a bit more time on that one, but we'll let you know as soon as it's ready.

Next time you launch the app, it will present you with a button to download & install the latest version, or you can download the player from the Now TV website.

To celebrate this release, here's our Now TV Player performing a mexican wave! Courtesy of our senior developer Ben L. who broke our unit tests earlier, which resulted in this wonderful little accident Heart

200 REPLIES 200
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is really frustrating.  

The installer downleads, runs all the way to the end and then says "Installation could not be completed, please try again later"  This is just incompetent that it has been going on for well over a year.  The installer is not browser specific so it doesn't matter what browser you have.  DO SOMETHING and at least read the community and pay attention to your CUSTOMERS.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah 1 year later and this still doesnt work on my laptop. I use it on my phone, ipad and chromecast all the time just never works on my laptop - Macbook air.

I have finally been able to install the player and when I try to play an episode, it just spins then freezes on play. No audio. No pictures. Have tried rebooting etc. 

Really pathetic that a huge company like Sky can't get this right. Netflix and Amazon Prime  and even Hayu never have problems watching on a computer why do you?

Very frustrated customer. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi i have a Mac OS X 10.7.5     its basically saying I can watch anything with the version of mac. is there anything i can do or should i just get rid of now TV if i cant actually watch anything? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just downloaded the macos player today. Im getting audio but no video. Any suggestions?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

In case anyone hasn't noticed, NOW TV have posted a trial update to the NOW TV Player app for Mac, anyone still having problems might want to try it out and see if it helps.

More details here

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mac-OS/Getting-the-f20000-error/m-p/448019#M3669

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy wrote:

In case anyone hasn't noticed, NOW TV have posted a trial update to the NOW TV Player app for Mac, anyone still having problems might want to try it out and see if it helps.

More details here

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mac-OS/Getting-the-f20000-error/m-p/448019#M3669

Irony of their separate post is that it says they want feedback but no option to reply or provide feedback! So let me give the feedback here:

still no subtitles... still no picture in picture on mac... 

On ipad/ios - same issues as well as no download option.

Major competitors now have all these issues sorted but not NowTV.

Their post says they've been 'hard at work over the past couple of weeks and months'...really? doing what? Definitely not been improving the functionality of this useless app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hard at work locking in licensing so they're the only legal option in Ireland.  Suckers.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

now tv sucks !

Anonymous User
Not applicable

doesnt work on mine ...

and ive got a brand new macbook so shove that up ya bum !

@Anonymous Userwrote:

The team have been actively working towards today's release, which should help improve the performance of the player.

This release also prepares the player for some upcoming features, as well as a fix to resolve the p20001 issue so many of you have faced. We just need a bit more time on that one, but we'll let you know as soon as it's ready.

Next time you launch the app, it will present you with a button to download & install the latest version, or you can download the player from the Now TV website.

To celebrate this release, here's our Now TV Player performing a mexican wave! Courtesy of our senior developer Ben L. who broke our unit tests earlier, which resulted in this wonderful little accident Heart

Smiley Sad !

@Anonymous Userwrote:

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's now May 2018 and it's still is a load of crap. After rebooting I have to reinstall the dam thing just to watch. Really this is amature stuff! I only wish I had an alternative to your company in the UK. Rubbish app, rebooting and reinstalling in 2018, you should be ashamed of yourselves. Error f20000 whatever the same bloody one you've had for at least 2 years!!!