cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We've released a new version of the macOS player!

The team have been actively working towards today's release, which should help improve the performance of the player.

This release also prepares the player for some upcoming features, as well as a fix to resolve the p20001 issue so many of you have faced. We just need a bit more time on that one, but we'll let you know as soon as it's ready.

Next time you launch the app, it will present you with a button to download & install the latest version, or you can download the player from the Now TV website.

To celebrate this release, here's our Now TV Player performing a mexican wave! Courtesy of our senior developer Ben L. who broke our unit tests earlier, which resulted in this wonderful little accident Heart

200 REPLIES 200
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I will try and chase this up with our tech teams to see if a fix is on the way or if they have any other ways of fixing this. We would not have any ways of referting back to watching via the Browser because the browsers no longer support our players via the Browsers which is why the new player was created. I'll let you know when i hear something.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User I hope this is soon, this problem has been around since at least February this year and nothing is being done about it so far. When I spoke to your colleague in live chat he had NO IDEA this was a known problem, I had to point him to the forum. I have just received yet another unhelpful email from your team, out of the blue, telling me same thing again:

"I understand how it feels if we come across issues on our favorite devices.

Please try these checks and this should fix the fault.

1. Uninstall the NOW TV Player completely on your Mac if there is one already installed. (???)
  2. 2.Once uninstalled, please click here to re-install the NOW TV Player.
  1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser, stream NOW TV until you get a prompt "Open NOW TV Player"
  2. Open the NOW TV Player and start watching the content.

Hope this information helps. "

No it doesn't help. In fact, it adds to the irritation. No amount of uninstalling and reinstalling will fix faulty software. Please fix it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

as a long time user I have officially unsubscribed from nowtv.  Absolutely ridiculous to this day that no proper solution has been found for the F20000 problems.

I've held out long enough and while netflix doesnt have all the content i want to see, it does at least allow me to see it. 

Fix your problems rather than be in denial, reboot your mac this, reinstall the app that.  Absolute codswallop.

Cisco videoguard is crap and nowtv has become yet another clear example of how drm affects not the pirates but the people who do the right thing and pay

for your content.  no wonder so many people pirate their content.

Also, why are you forcing everyone to type in bloody all caps?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Any news on an update that doesn't transform Macbooks into portable fan heaters yet? It's been a long time people are asking for a decent piece of software, you are talking to paying customers who have the right to be given a non-buggy piece of software. This is really poor service.

For everyone having a problem, it is within your rights to ask for your money back.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/phone-internet-downloads-or-tv/problem-with-an-app-software-or-download/

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous UserI had a long chat with one of your team yesterday about the overheating problem with the latest version of the Now TV Player. That was after I uninstalled and reinstalled a fresh copy, then your colleague asked me to uninstall again, and reinstall after clearing my cache, in another browser and downloading another copy of the installer, it is still overheating my MacbookPro and causes my fan to kick in loudly after a couple of minutes watching. It's really irritating, when will you have a fix for this? Can you not just revert back to allowing streaming from a browser? There were no issues that way, but the player is unusable.

I'm new to Mac and glad you mentioned the heat thing. I had to shift the MacBook around to be comfortable with it on my legs. 

After the bluetooth connectivity issues, the buffering and lowered definition, I'm outta here. All I wanted was to watch the latest Game of Thrones and 2 hours later I'm on a NowTV forum!

Why cant we just watch through a browser? The app is rubbish and should have a warning that it isn't suitable for Mac. I'd have thought that would be a legal requirement in the same way a 110v hairdryer is going to burn you if run on 240v. A simple example, but it would say on the box. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having huge issues with the Mac player here.

Sierra 10.12.6

MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015)

1.2 GHz Intel Core M

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 5300 1536 MB

Trying to watch Game of Thrones and it just overheats immediately and slows down to ~1 FPS. I know it's not a fast machine but I have no problems with Netflix, iPlayer, iTunes store etc. Basically I can't watch ANYTHING on NowTV at all on my Mac.

Tried to download the NowTV app onto my Apple TV and all the audio is in mono, so currently the only way I can get a 'correct' experience is on my iPhone... with a 4" display.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I too am unable to watch anything.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the player many times, and nothing works. I've tried different browsers (Chrome, Safari and Firefox) and nothing works. I am so dissapointed as I don't want to be forced to watch on my phone/smaller devices. I have tried all possible options already available online and it's not working, at all. 

I've spoken to support yesterday who told me they'd get back to me within 12 hours, well that hasn't happened! I'm absolutely fed up. 

All I'm faced with is a black screen with the loading icon in the middle.

This is a joke, this needs to be sorted for mac users. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

After reading through this forum I honestly cannot believe how NowTV has ignored the majority of peoples complaints.... IS THIS FOR REAL??

I am having the same problem as everyone else

Can someone that actually works for NowTV (not a third party posing as "nowtv team" who keeps posting generic useless answers) please... GIVE US ALL AN UPDATE?

We have payed for your service and many of us haven't been able to watch a thing.... more than that, you've wasted how many hours of paying customers lives who are trying to work your broken service.

And if NowTV does not reply soon then seriously.... ALL OF YOU - people who have been led into buying what is advertised as an easy working service and received a broken one with next to no customer service - we all should band together and launch a campaign to raise awarness for how bad this really is! One of us can write a decent article and we can all share on social media sites...

Hoping it won't come to that and someone can give us all an update.

Trying to find a contact email for Sky to request a refund, has anyone been succesful in getting a refund and how did you go about it? Thanks very much folks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have to agree with Rasco. How can NowTV (NotNowMacTV) ignore and fob off all the Mac population without a sensible, or genuine solution.

Surely NowTV need to warn subscribers before they commit that there is an issue with the Mac app. I'm not an expert, but the Fair Trading Act 1973 may be in breach here.

Might it be better that we all stop asking, 'why it's not working', and 'what we can do' and simple expose it to the public domain. Then things by NowTV may get done. They'd hate bad PR.

So, my first thought is, who is NowTV's main competitor?...and wouldn't they just love to know that Mac users are being ripped off.

Rasco, it's over to you!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, my reliable Mac OS X version 10.6.8 will no longer update to the version that is able to download your new player and now despite paying the subscription, i cannot watch NOWtv as it is not able to even download your player on my version of mac or safari. What can i do? My mac works fine apart from watching Now tv and I don't really want to buy a new one! Ive tried safari, firefox and Chrome and none of them are able to update to a version to be able to download your new player. Shame. I have ended my subscription but lost the £6.99 I just paid. Help ! the Walking dead season is coming up and this is where I watch it always.