cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We've released a new version of the macOS player!

The team have been actively working towards today's release, which should help improve the performance of the player.

This release also prepares the player for some upcoming features, as well as a fix to resolve the p20001 issue so many of you have faced. We just need a bit more time on that one, but we'll let you know as soon as it's ready.

Next time you launch the app, it will present you with a button to download & install the latest version, or you can download the player from the Now TV website.

To celebrate this release, here's our Now TV Player performing a mexican wave! Courtesy of our senior developer Ben L. who broke our unit tests earlier, which resulted in this wonderful little accident Heart

200 REPLIES 200
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can't believe how crap the nowtv player is.  constantly throws up error messages.  constantly hangs up.  how can you justify releasing such a crap product?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So yesterday, I decided to join up to Now TV so I can watch the latest GOT episode.

I am running a new MacBook Air, so no problems with it being up to date.

I got to the point of installing the app but as you all might have guessed, I get the same black screen of death window. Just a load of balls.

So I go to their web site for support. Opened a live chat and this is the transcript of the chat conversation from their tech help:

Aman (13/08/2017, 20:56:21): Thanks for contacting NOW TV, you are talking to Aman. How can I help?
Me (13/08/2017, 20:57:54): Hi I just started a 14 day trial. I am using a new Macbook Air. I downloded the latest Now TV Player. No problems. Installed it. No probems. Started a show and it asked to use Now TV Player. So far so good. Player window starts. I can hear audio but picture is blank.
Aman (13/08/2017, 20:58:30): Have you tried it on any other device?
Me (13/08/2017, 20:58:40): Have no other device.
Aman (13/08/2017, 20:59:00): Please try watching in browser.
Me (13/08/2017, 20:59:09): how do I do that?

Ay this point Aman cut me off and I could not re-connect to him. The last thing he said was "Please try watching in a browser"!! This from their tech team;)

Thankfully, I am on a 14day free trial and have not yet payed anything for this rubbish. So for me I am just cancelling my subscription and will warn my credit card company not to accept any request for payment from NowTV.

I will say that strangely, at one point, and I cant remember how I did it, I was able to watch the 1st episode from start to finish. But since then I cant get it to work at all. I recall, rebooting my mac and re-installing the Now TV Player several times and I said for some off reason that I don't understand, it did work albeit the quality on a 200mbs Virgin broadband connection was abismal. Very pixilated video and some drop out with stream stalling. However, I did get to watch the first episode of season 7 GOT. But my luck has ran out and the application doesnt work anymore. I havent changed a thing on my Mac.

As a new user.....I'll walk away. Extremely poor software and having read this entire thread, together with my own tech help experience, I can see that is extremely poor customer service.

Goodby Now TV and good luck everyone reading this.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So I've been running NOWTV pretty much trouble free for months on an imac 8.1 running X 10.9.5. The accasional glitch, sound could be a litle better, but I'm happy with the experience.

I was prompted earlier to update the player, so I did. The new player did not work at all, which led me to this forum.

Anyway, so I found the previous player installer in my downloads folder, clicked it, and it downloaded the player again. Once I'd done that, all good.

So just wanted to post that here, fwiw.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Since I upgraded to this version I cannot watch any videos. Video is black all the time. Audio works fine. I'm not happy.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Latest update has completely broken the already glitchy app. Now I can't watch at all any of the content I'm paying for. Please give option to rollback to previous slightly glitchy version instead of current non-functional version.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

To roll back to previous version please do this. We're aware that the new version did not work correct so please follow the below and when downloading again it will be the older version.

To resolve:

1. Hit Command+Shift+G from the Mac OS X desktop and enter                                                    

~/Library/Cisco/VideoGuardPlayer/VideoGuard8

2. Double click “uninstall.command”

3. Hit Command+Shift+G from the Mac OS X desktop and enter ~/Applications

move NOWTV Player.app to trash

4. Select some content to play and follow the steps to re download the Player

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried following your lovely clear steps but when I get to the end and try to play content it gives me an error message.  If I go through your website to download the Now TV playr again it gives me the same faulty version.

Any tips?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Followed these steps. Still getting the same blank screen.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,  I have folowed the steps, but now not even getting audio.  Why aren't updates tested / trialled out before launching! 

This is so frustrating, what's worse is that i was paying for this!   not any more.  Fed up with sub-standard products.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just adding for feedback..updated to ver 2.1.4..still the same problem

Still audio no pictures....

OS X 10.11.6

GeForce GT 120 512 Mb

2 x 2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

26GB RAM

I have to say why the hell did you stop supporting in browser watching  and try to release your own app? It is crazy, esp when you don't seem to have the in house expertise to create it. Go back to using an in browser solution, use HTML 5 for christs sake..if BT Sport can do it with Flash I am sure you can too....