cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We've released a new version of the macOS player!

The team have been actively working towards today's release, which should help improve the performance of the player.

This release also prepares the player for some upcoming features, as well as a fix to resolve the p20001 issue so many of you have faced. We just need a bit more time on that one, but we'll let you know as soon as it's ready.

Next time you launch the app, it will present you with a button to download & install the latest version, or you can download the player from the Now TV website.

To celebrate this release, here's our Now TV Player performing a mexican wave! Courtesy of our senior developer Ben L. who broke our unit tests earlier, which resulted in this wonderful little accident Heart

200 REPLIES 200
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

....or you can download the player from the Now TV website.

Hi @Anonymous User,

Are you able to post a direct link please?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

In the previous version of the player the cursor wouldn't disappear but I could have it in the bottom corner, off screen. With the new version if I try that if brings up the blur border, so I have the two equally annoying choices of watching with the blue border or watching full screen with a cursor in shot.

How do I rectify this? I have already uninstalled and installed again once.

Cheers

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi,

In the previous version of the player the cursor wouldn't disappear but I could have it in the bottom corner, off screen. With the new version if I try that if brings up the blur border, so I have the two equally annoying choices of watching with the blue border or watching full screen with a cursor in shot.

How do I rectify this? I have already uninstalled and installed again once.

Cheers

Andy

We are planning to get rid of that pesky cursor soon!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Nicholas,

Seems like a few of us are suffering on Mac OS with P1301 error every time. I definitely have latest version of Player, but it has never worked.

I have MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), OS X is 10.11.6 (15G1217). I have deleted Silverlight and killed cache, cookie etc.

Please help?!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

worked first time many thanks!!!

@Anonymous User wrote:
Absolutely!

https://web.static.nowtv.com/watch/NOWTVPlayerInstaller-Mac.zip

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nice one Sure. As you've probably seen there are many who haven't been able to get things working, could you kindly advise which Mac, OS version and browser you're using this on to see if we can replicate it?

Many thanks in advance,

Paul

Anonymous User
Not applicable

this is what's happening: Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 5.42.54 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-07-21 at 5.42.19 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-07-21 at 5.42.40 PM.png

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having a similar issue with the now tv player, I have a mac OS X El Capitan version 10.11.6, and before the now tv player was introduced I could stream programs on safari and google chrome without a problem, now I am forced to use the player without any other option however after downloading the player, no matter the strength of my internet connection, its extremely jolty, the audio and imagery don't seem to match up and it is incredibly pixelated. I have tried the tactic of deleting the now tv player trying to turn my silverlight plug in on, bit now im getting another message on safari, after clicking the play button on the webpage it now just says: safari cannot open specific address, because OS X doesn't recognise internet address starting with "nowtvplayer".

Any help resolving this problem would be appreciated.