cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We've released a new version of the macOS player!

The team have been actively working towards today's release, which should help improve the performance of the player.

This release also prepares the player for some upcoming features, as well as a fix to resolve the p20001 issue so many of you have faced. We just need a bit more time on that one, but we'll let you know as soon as it's ready.

Next time you launch the app, it will present you with a button to download & install the latest version, or you can download the player from the Now TV website.

To celebrate this release, here's our Now TV Player performing a mexican wave! Courtesy of our senior developer Ben L. who broke our unit tests earlier, which resulted in this wonderful little accident Heart

200 REPLIES 200
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The link you have there doesn't go anywhere, and brings up a "not found" error page.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Perhaps try this link guide instead (it was taken from the help centre and i assume it's up to date, unfortunately i am not a Mac user so i cannot confirm)

https://help.nowtv.com/article/watching-now-tv-on-a-mac

Anonymous User
Not applicable

yes, just spent over an hour uninstalling, reinstalling with no joy. what a joke nowtv app is for macs, i am leaving and going elsewhere unless you sort it out!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

And it's broken.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do I Chromecast the player? I was able to cast the webplayer in Chrome but now that we have to use the app, there is no option to do so. I want to cast from my Mac, not from my phone or any other device.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately NOW TV don't support casting from the Mac app, only from tablets or phones, so whilst I appreciate you managed to get it working via browser you'll need to use your phone moving forward. As long as you always press the cast button before picking the episode you want to cast then your phone won't get added as a new device so won't take up one of your device slots. More info here

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-are-compatible-with-chromecast

Anonymous User
Not applicable

A sad answer to hundreds of mac users who expect to be able to watch 'GOT' on their super large, super high def iMacs.

We don't all have iphones and ipads.... just state-of-the-art iMac!

Again, I suggest that NowTV should put a clear warning that their programs can NOT be watched on Mac computers. Or would this be too honest for a business to admit that they fail to satisfy an advanced operating system. Mac OSX!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

You can watch on Mac as long as you have OSX 10.9 (Mavericks) or later have a look at the help article below available on our website.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/watching-now-tv-on-a-mac

if you experiance issues with the player then please contact our Tech Teams via live chat for fast support 🙂

Thanks

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm Running OS X 10.12.6, the Now Tv player crashes several times just trying to watch a 30 minute program. There is still the annoying issue with a registered device suddenly being recognised as a new device and having to wait a month to be able to re-register it because it happens with multiple devices.

Now TV never seems to sort this stuff out!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous UserI had a long chat with one of your team yesterday about the overheating problem with the latest version of the Now TV Player. That was after I uninstalled and reinstalled a fresh copy, then your colleague asked me to uninstall again, and reinstall after clearing my cache, in another browser and downloading another copy of the installer, it is still overheating my MacbookPro and causes my fan to kick in loudly after a couple of minutes watching. It's really irritating, when will you have a fix for this? Can you not just revert back to allowing streaming from a browser? There were no issues that way, but the player is unusable.