cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We've released a new version of the macOS player!

The team have been actively working towards today's release, which should help improve the performance of the player.

This release also prepares the player for some upcoming features, as well as a fix to resolve the p20001 issue so many of you have faced. We just need a bit more time on that one, but we'll let you know as soon as it's ready.

Next time you launch the app, it will present you with a button to download & install the latest version, or you can download the player from the Now TV website.

To celebrate this release, here's our Now TV Player performing a mexican wave! Courtesy of our senior developer Ben L. who broke our unit tests earlier, which resulted in this wonderful little accident Heart

200 REPLIES 200
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's rubbish. 

The player is buffering constantly, picture quality is awful, sound out of sync. And all happening on a mac with loads of memory, disc space, and a fibre internet connection. No issues at all before I installed the player app.

Seriously thinking about closing my account if this is as good as it's going to get 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i agree it's rubbish

i even started another theread in hope that someone at Now TV support will advise on when they are going to fix the Now TV player fopr Mac.

Picture freezes, audio out of synch, scenes jumping back and forth, constant buffering.

I am not able to watych any Now TV programs at the moment.

I will ask for a refund too if the issue isn't resolved quickly.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What makes it all the more galling is that the app for the iphone and ipad are pretty good these days. The apple tv app is laughably bad and now the imac is just as useless.

Yes, you can "watch" now tv across devices but it's appalling. Just look at the netflix experience and see hwo much slicker it is. Sky need to spend some time thinking about their existing customers and whether they want to keep them

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there any way to get rid of the bits around the picture. I want to watch a film I know what film I'm watching I really don't need the sky logo in the corner of the film running length on  the bottom of the screen

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey,

I got NOW TV to watch Twin Peaks. I am running Mac OS X 10.7.5 and until today had no problem with watching NOW TV in Safari. Now suddenly I am told I have to download the player, which wont work with my OS. Is there any way around this? It worked perfectly fine before - why are you forcing me to use a player? 

Rhys

Anonymous User
Not applicable

why doesnt the player keep track of what episode you are on? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Would love to have picture in picture functionality...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'd love for my mac not to overheat everytime I open it. 

I'd love for my fan not to turn on, even when it's never been on before (had mac for two years and never heard it)

I'd love to be given the option of downloading the app, not just made to for no reason a month ago.

I'd love to be able to watch what I'm paying for online like I do WITH EVERY OTHER STREAMING SITE.

I'd love to get proper answers from NowTV and not just blaming Microsoft for not allowing Silverlight updates anymore.

But most of all, I'd like us all to be seen as customers, not just people on a forum the NowTV team can ignore or give useless help. Am I not paying for this? Hmmm, apparently still not worth a good mantatory app though. 

This. Is. A. Joke.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have an Apple Mac, so basically I have no choice but to use the app? Because from these comments it seems that Chrome, Safari, Firefox and windows anything don't let you just watch online? This is the stupidest thing, I have had NowTv for almost 3 years and only the last month have they made me download the app. I am up to date on everything software wise, but I still have no choice but to watch on crappy quality. To make things worse, my mac overheats (like mentioned in the linked to post about SkyGo), which means I can't use any other software on my mac. As a University student, multitasking is key, so having my mac pretty much become unusable throughout my time watching grainy video, isn't the best customer experience....by a long shot.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Hi Guys, you are correct in what you are saying Microsoft silverlight is no longer supported so we created a Nowtvplayer to stream nowtv off, as the safari, chrome and firefox is not supported and may cause lagging.

Check out the Nowtv player here; (and also any issues you may come across to fix it) 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/watching-now-tv-on-a-mac 

In the mean time we are working on soultions to get the Nowtv player up to the highest standards please be assured. 

Thanks the Nowtv Team