cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We've released a new version of the macOS player!

The team have been actively working towards today's release, which should help improve the performance of the player.

This release also prepares the player for some upcoming features, as well as a fix to resolve the p20001 issue so many of you have faced. We just need a bit more time on that one, but we'll let you know as soon as it's ready.

Next time you launch the app, it will present you with a button to download & install the latest version, or you can download the player from the Now TV website.

To celebrate this release, here's our Now TV Player performing a mexican wave! Courtesy of our senior developer Ben L. who broke our unit tests earlier, which resulted in this wonderful little accident Heart

200 REPLIES 200
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are you ever going to reply or fix this problem??

The problem persists - tried all reinstall again today - but this is apparently okay for NowTV to ignore it for weeks on end?

Even when I attempted your absurd solution of installing an old version of Firefox, it still didn't work.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the exact same issue - has anyone managed to solve the problem?

So frustrating. I just get the spinning thing and nothing will load, have tried everything. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been trialling NowTV with day passes before committing, but I'm suffering the same problem.

I'm not using a browser - I'm using the NowTV Player app on the latest version of MacOS (v10.12.4) on a top-of-range iMac.  My broadband is good - I have no issues with live TV on BBC iPlayer, BT Sport (in browser), etc.  But the NowTV Player app is consistently out of sync between video and sound by about a second.

Same on iPad (on latest version of iOS) : live TV on iPlayer app, BTSport app, ITV Hub app, etc. all fine, but NowTV app always out of sync.

I can't subscribe if this is the standard service - football is not very enjoyable and normal TV is unwatchable.

Please advise on a fix for this, as I really want to subscribe!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well, as of 13th May 2018, the app is still not working  on OS X Sierra. All I get is the spinng 4 balls. This is a issue with OS X as it working on my Apple TV & iPhone.

After a length webchat, I got the sign off saying it was escalated to the technical team and I would get an email. 

Reading through this thread, I don't  hold out much hope!

@Anonymous User wrote:

The team have been actively working towards today's release, which should help improve the performance of the player.

This release also prepares the player for some upcoming features, as well as a fix to resolve the p20001 issue so many of you have faced. We just need a bit more time on that one, but we'll let you know as soon as it's ready.

Next time you launch the app, it will present you with a button to download & install the latest version, or you can download the player from the Now TV website.

To celebrate this release, here's our Now TV Player performing a mexican wave! Courtesy of our senior developer Ben L. who broke our unit tests earlier, which resulted in this wonderful little accident Heart

Anonymous User
Not applicable

tried to watch nowtv on my macbook for a change - forced me to download the now tv player - stream loads, audio is fine, but then picture freezes and does not recover. 

tried to restart, tried in different browsers, nothing changes

please let me know why this is happening

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

tried to watch nowtv on my macbook for a change - forced me to download the now tv player - stream loads, audio is fine, but then picture freezes and does not recover. 

tried to restart, tried in different browsers, nothing changes

please let me know why this is happening

@Anonymous User

Hi

Welcome to the forum

Have you tried any other steps to resolve this?

Could you try some of the steps on this link to resolve the issue

https://help.nowtv.com/article/poor-quality-mac

Let us know how you get on Smiley Happy

Thanks

Aaron

Anonymous User
Not applicable
This only started happening with the move to the New Player. Steps as per the link do not work....
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

I'm thinking of drop my subscription as I've been waiting for way too long getting Now TV app for mac fixed and we still don't see any resolution or actual updates on this issue.

I've also asked: what is the latest version of Now TV app that is supposed to be installed? I got the 2.0.1. Is it correct??? Or is it suppsed to be a higher one?

This is really frustrating and I have no intention to watch everything on an iPad.

I see that other users have posted the same issue over and over with no helpful answers whatsoever.

Please understand that the workaround suggested, beside sounding technically not professioan, DOES NOT WORK!!!

NOT GOOD AT ALL!!!

P.S.: here a previous post where I give also my technical details

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mac-OS/Mac-black-screen/m-p/426156#M2585

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have dowloaded the new updates 10+ times on my Mac Book Air as well as updating the new silverlight but it is still telling me to download the new update. SO I've already missed the first 45 min of the game..... 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Is there another option to view on a mac without having to install tge player? Last time I tried it it was terrible. Would rather use silverlight.

Thanks