cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We've released a new version of the macOS player!

The team have been actively working towards today's release, which should help improve the performance of the player.

This release also prepares the player for some upcoming features, as well as a fix to resolve the p20001 issue so many of you have faced. We just need a bit more time on that one, but we'll let you know as soon as it's ready.

Next time you launch the app, it will present you with a button to download & install the latest version, or you can download the player from the Now TV website.

To celebrate this release, here's our Now TV Player performing a mexican wave! Courtesy of our senior developer Ben L. who broke our unit tests earlier, which resulted in this wonderful little accident Heart

200 REPLIES 200
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

On my iMac it's in a separate applications folder, along with my Chrome Extentions, not where all my other apps are.

Macintosh HD --> Users --> "Your Username" --> Applications

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi There

I am having the same problem.I deleted my existing player and then proceeded to do what you suggested but every time I try to watch something, I don't get the option of "Download My TV player". I just get the option from my MAC to download any app from app store - obviously , there isn't any app in app store for Now TV. Any suggestions??

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Do you happen to have the original installer that you used to install the app? It will pick up the latest version and install it for you. Otherwise click here to download the installer

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Edit: this is now working for me thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's now been over two weeks since I posted this:

I have this problem, I'm running OS X 10.12.4 (sierra) on an iMac. Silverlight used to work, but the NOWTV site says you get better pictures 720pHD only on  the NowTv Player, so I installed it and now I get the same black screen. I get the ident of the programe to play for 3 or 4 seconds then it hangs on a black scree. Have followed thethreads and reinstalled app etc, and nothing. When can we expect a fix for this????? We're paying for a service...

Since then two updates to the NowtV player app, and the situtation is exactly the same. It doesn't play any programme. Plays the first four or five seconds of the ident at begining then screen turns black and nothing. What is the situation for getting refunds? This is ridiculous.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'll just copy/paste my (lack of) email correspondence here:

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I know you must be upset as you are not able to watch NOW TV on your favorite device.

Worry not, lets get it sorted.

We do have issues with Mac Player and our relevant team is working on it. Please try to install the older version of Firefox on your Mac and it will work.

Here is the link to install the older version of Mozilla firefox, click here.

Our relevant team will get back to you via email and your patience is appreciated.

To contact us about this topic, reply to this email without changing the subject line.

Or, if you would prefer to use Live Chat visit our Help site selecting the same topic as before and once you’re on chat give us your reference number 01924102.

Thanks,
The NOW TV Team

3 Apr (11 days ago)

to NOW
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I don't find it acceptable.

I purchased a 24 hour pass to watch two football matches, shortly before they started. By the time I'd discovered the forum threads relating to the problems with your Mac app, I'd missed almost all of the first match. I managed to find a Windows machine by half-time on the second match, but wasted most of my Sunday afternoon and could only watch in Internet Explorer (which I hate), and couldn't cast to my TV.

The thread I linked above is 3 weeks old and there is nothing on your website mentioning any potential problems. Since I posted on the thread yesterday, there have been 10 more posts by users reporting similar problems.

I am a web developer myself, and manage a couple of websites that sell video products. I know how difficult it is to service multiple different operating systems and technologies, but if something fails we don't keep it live with no mention of the problem to our users. You should roll back the Mac app. It is not acceptable to ask users to install older software versions with possible associated security risks - many users won't have the required technical knowledge, either.

I would like a refund for the pass please, otherwise I won't be purchasing from Now TV again.

Not related, but you might like to pass this on to your devs: The only way to install yoru Mac app is after clicking on one of the program links; the first time I declined to install the app as I wanted to watch in browser so could cast to my TV. When it became apparent that your app is the only way to watch on a Mac, I wasn't prompted to install the software again when clicking on the same program link a second time. I didn't want to empty my browser cache, so had to use a different web browser to install the app. This is really bad design and usability - there should be a dedicated page from which your software can be downloaded.

23:01 (2 minutes ago)

to NOW
Hello,

I'll generously assume you missed my last email, which took me some time to write (probably significantly longer than the cookie-cutter reply I received to my first email). Can you please tell me why I am not entitled to a refund?

As I mentioned before, I am a developer myself and am sympathetic to technical problems. However, I am not sympathetic to this level of customer service. Do I really have to threaten to go to social media to publicise your appalling customer service?

PoorService84
Scholar

Proud of the work the team did?! It doesn't work. Your not a tiny growing company that can get away with this poor service, your sky. Get it right and get rid of the team behind this. Not even close to good enough.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I posted in another thread but see this one looks more used. Still problems playing NowTv on my Mac:

OS Version: Mac OS Sierra, version 10.12.4
Model: MacBook Pro, Early 2013
Processor: 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics:Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

Attempting to run on Safari.

Deleted All History/ Cookies mulitple times, on all browsers I own (Safari, Firefox, Chrome, all clean of history, all at once)

Quit all browsers

Deleted Silverlight and used MacKeeper to ensure clean up of remnant associated files

Deleted old NowTV and used MacKeeper to ensure clean up of remnant associated files

Restarted Computer

Attempted to Play movie

Downloaded new version of NowTV on the prompt (assume it's the latest that comes through?)

Received this error message (full version on screen shot attached): " "Safari can't open"nowtvplayer://vod/4ea...." because macOS deoesn't  recognize Internet addresses starting with "nowtvplayer:". "

Acceptance Criteria:

To be able to watch NowTv on my computer. Prepared to be flexible with choice of browser.

Please help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Could you have a look in your [~/Applications] folder and double check that the player is installed correctly? Note - you probably have 2 applications folders, one at the root and one specific to your user. The app should install itself inside the user specific folder.

Some others seems to be having an issue where the player doesn't exist in their Applications folder - this would cause the error you're seeing.

Could you also try pressing [⌘+spacebar] and searching for Now TV Player - let us know if anything comes up here.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

There is no NowTv Player in my Applications folder.

I went through all the steps again - downloaded the NowTv Player and ran the installer all again. The NowTv Player never shows up in any Applications folder.

When I search for 'NowTV Player', the only result is for the Installer (as per the attached screen shot). The actual Player never seems to install.

It is the same regardless of the browser I use (Safari, Firefox, Opera): I've tried multiple times with each, always after making sure to clear history, removing the previous NowTv (including cleaning up traces using Mackeeper) and reinstalling Silverlight, closing other browsers, restarting computer and only having a single browser open.