cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We've released a new version of the macOS player!

The team have been actively working towards today's release, which should help improve the performance of the player.

This release also prepares the player for some upcoming features, as well as a fix to resolve the p20001 issue so many of you have faced. We just need a bit more time on that one, but we'll let you know as soon as it's ready.

Next time you launch the app, it will present you with a button to download & install the latest version, or you can download the player from the Now TV website.

To celebrate this release, here's our Now TV Player performing a mexican wave! Courtesy of our senior developer Ben L. who broke our unit tests earlier, which resulted in this wonderful little accident Heart

200 REPLIES 200
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hey @Anonymous User, can you clarify what you mean by "it would just open in the web browser"?

It would only open a video window and play in that (i use Safari 10.0.3) it didn't even ask if I had Now Tv app installed (Which I did) I even downloaded the earlier version of firefox after speaking to tech support, it still did the same. After I rolled back to Mac Os 10.12.3 it played via the now tv app as it did before(using Safari) I had updated to 10.12.4.

Thanks for letting me know. It sounds like you still have Silverlight installed? You can uninstall it following the instructions here: https://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/Get-Started/Install/Default.aspx

Once you've done that, you may need to clear your cookies to get the NOW TV app dialogue pop up when you next play content.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

so ive just got this and i cant seem to get anything to play 

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hello there @Anonymous User 🙂

• Are you trying to watch NOWTV via Mac? 
  • Is your account fully set up?
  • Are you getting error messages/buffering?
I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Same problem error: p1301.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Bought a weekend pass for the F1......but even after installing this useless new player app I cannot get anything to play properly. If I start the F1 qualifying all I get is some half way completed Porsche cup race. Instead of getting up to watch the qualifying before I knew the result, instead I've payed Ten pounds ...... to have to turn the damn radio on instead just to find out what happened. This is utterly useless, and why on earth can I not just stream direct as before?? 

Yours, very dissapointedly

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Likewise.

Have used the mac to watch things in a browser before - now I have to download the app and all I get is the swishy balls.  No error, no playback, just balls going around and around ... 😞

Does anyone know if there are any logs we can look at - or share - to figure out what the problem is? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same problem, it just seems to load forever. Has anyone managed to resovle the issue

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just bought Now TV for the first time and I am yet to get a successful stream on either of my macbook pros or my ipad.  All devices at first hung on the spinning balls and now I get simultaneus streams error.  It has never worked so simultaneus nothingness.  And I note that one of the same laptops shows up twice in the device list.  Very unhappy with this product!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The app didnt load properly, and then when it did, I cant change the channel! It's just stuck on SKyNews HQ?? How can I change the channel????

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

The app didnt load properly, and then when it did, I cant change the channel! It's just stuck on SKyNews HQ?? How can I change the channel????

Hi @Anonymous User We've had multiple reports already so we're looking into it intensely. We should have an update to fix this problem soon. Thanks for reporting the problem, this helps us out a lot.