cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We've released a new version of the macOS player!

The team have been actively working towards today's release, which should help improve the performance of the player.

This release also prepares the player for some upcoming features, as well as a fix to resolve the p20001 issue so many of you have faced. We just need a bit more time on that one, but we'll let you know as soon as it's ready.

Next time you launch the app, it will present you with a button to download & install the latest version, or you can download the player from the Now TV website.

To celebrate this release, here's our Now TV Player performing a mexican wave! Courtesy of our senior developer Ben L. who broke our unit tests earlier, which resulted in this wonderful little accident Heart

200 REPLIES 200
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just downloaded the app for my Macbook (usually watch in either Chromecast or on Ipad) and it's a blank screen for me - does not load content. 

Any ideas on how to fix?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv player just doesn't work on a mac. It judders and stops and is unwatchable. I've tried everything to try and fix but there are very few settings to adjust for the player itself. Any other streaming service is fine, Netflix , amazon etc. I'll have to just get a refund . Very very annoying
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Now player on the Mac is absolutely terrible. It's frequently jolty, the dubbing is often out sync and it will randomly jump forward. Also it's incredibley intensive on the GPU causing my fan to kick on every use.

Can we go back to Silverlight please?!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dont know what other people are doing but this downloaded and installed perfectly on my Mac. Been watching now for over half an hour - not only does it not overheat anymore, the fans don't even need to spin! And all the buttons work and there's a convenient channel changer. This is great - thanks NowTV for listening to the community and fixing it - it was unbearable before my computer was basically on fire

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

That's good to hear @Anonymous User,

Are you able to confirm the version number of the NOW TV Player 'app' that you currently have installed?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Dont know what other people are doing but this downloaded and installed perfectly on my Mac. Been watching now for over half an hour - not only does it not overheat anymore, the fans don't even need to spin! And all the buttons work and there's a convenient channel changer. This is great - thanks NowTV for listening to the community and fixing it - it was unbearable before my computer was basically on fire

We're always listening to our community Heart

We are still looking into some of the issues people are still facing, and we hope to fix those as quickly as possible, without letting other issues slip past us again...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have downloaded and installed latest player. Just as two weeks ago, it starts playing with very bad quality then goes black after about 15 seconds. Have downloaded latest Silverlight. Why can I not just opt to view in browser?

NowTV player on Mac is useless. So I'll have to watch the Grand Prix tomorrow on my phone rather than 92" screen. Pathetic!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

<p class="error-message">Safari can’t open “nowtvplayer://live/1301?section=sports&amp;skyUMV=30-VFXjwf%252Bqs%252BEJc36pD3MLxB%252FotEQ5Yyr9bXp4zu9s7Oio7AwoI2aPlwt2VCm0pyFymUte8Q9JVkLsT1SVpROrgUXkKHzgwq99WCVJYA4MFI7u6Q12TjG%252BC6uaHKdxvUUKc4x0fVyQdz0GEThfleuh8cQx0IZV7aoyCTDInruwT26pSiEKYY4cm0dnLaPo3egKtayCOlw6khhO0Nax9GrWVOPkkZoTtoMuum%252BcS6BJu7B0%252F%252B1op2urutHpqnNZEz7Ek6EfbS4wot9jYEjl%252BtUNYEmR3%252BEfSBGD1oD88leDnK5jOXzAWFi2j8bFBbPGmXY%252F5vNS7e71cQBniZO5NwHyCQ%252FsjH2c4ZG%252BG3O8gLGP1Ys%253D” because macOS doesn’t recognize Internet addresses starting with “nowtvplayer:”.</p>

anyone?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It looks like you don't have the Now TV Player installed.

You can download it manually from here:

https://web.static.nowtv.com/watch/NOWTVPlayerInstaller-Mac.zip

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why is there no start and stop button on the now tv player on mac?  Its such a bad piece of software. 

How do i delete it from the mac, because it doesn't show up as an application?   

Jesse