cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We've released a new version of the macOS player!

The team have been actively working towards today's release, which should help improve the performance of the player.

This release also prepares the player for some upcoming features, as well as a fix to resolve the p20001 issue so many of you have faced. We just need a bit more time on that one, but we'll let you know as soon as it's ready.

Next time you launch the app, it will present you with a button to download & install the latest version, or you can download the player from the Now TV website.

To celebrate this release, here's our Now TV Player performing a mexican wave! Courtesy of our senior developer Ben L. who broke our unit tests earlier, which resulted in this wonderful little accident Heart

200 REPLIES 200
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm posting this to 3 threads, all recent, all noting the same problem.

I've just had error p1301 too, on my Mac, having just installed NowTV Player.

Are you using a VPN?. I couldnt connect (even when setting the VPN to a UK venue).

Dropping the VPN allowed me to connect (even when, once connected to NowTV, I then reconnected the VPN)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem, with and without VPN connected 😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why do you announce the release of this new version of the player for macOS with such pride...when it doesn't bloody work?

I bought the Sports Pass to watch the F1 and am disapointed to find I can't watch anything - the video jumps all over the place.

Will be persuing a refund as it's unwatchable. Chargeback to my credit card if needed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Why do you announce the release of this new version of the player for macOS with such pride...when it doesn't bloody work?

I bought the Sports Pass to watch the F1 and am disapointed to find I can't watch anything - the video jumps all over the place.

Will be persuing a refund as it's unwatchable. Chargeback to my credit card if needed.

I'm sorry you feel that way and we're sorry for the inconvenience. The team should be proud of the work they do and the effort they put in, and every release brings more and more features and improvements.

We're aware of an issue that is affecting certain Macs. As I mentioned in my post, this particular release prepares for an upcoming fix to resolve the issue (now referred to as p1301), which is sadly taking a little longer than we hoped but it is coming.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The link for this player needs to be available on the main NowTV site. I know the download promp appears automatically when you try and start watching a show for the first time, but if you accidently decline for whatever reason, it is extremely difficult to find the download later (even if you reset the computer, logout, etc). I shouldn't need to be fishing around deep in the forums to find a new link.

In the end I shouldn't have even bothered finding the link, because the stream for F1 race was running at about 1fps. It looked more like a slideshow than a TV programme... It was completely unwatchable. Awful experience. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My error code is f20000 - same issues, says it's installed but then when I try to start any show/video, I get the rainbow hanger and then the error code.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've downloaded and reinstalled this silly player so many times, and it doesn't even always solve the problem. 

Whether on PS3, PS4 or on my Mac, the user experience of Now Tv is seriously lacking, it's clunky, it's slow and it's old school, but at least on platforms, other than my Mac, I can -eventually- get to watching something.   Truthfully, if I want to chuck on episode on my Mac while I'm making my breakfast, if I choose Netflix I can end up burning my toast because I got involved in the story, with Now TV I'm still wrestling with getting it to play while my toast is going cold.  That's a rubbish user experience.

*Biggest Problem*

The player on the Mac consistently has issues and either spins the preloader forever, plays the film with no sound or picture, or sometimes no picture and sound, or just throws up an error and sends me off to a very unhelpful Help article. 

Usually, I'm told to completely uninstall the player and even go through my internet cookies to delete that...how troublesome!

Whether or not this is fair to say, I'm saying it, you have us subscribing because of the range of programmes and films, but if any other service starts comparing in that, I'm sure many of us are off to greener pastures, as the User Experience of Now TV is atrocious.  Netflix is awesome in user experience...on PS3, PS4, Mac, anything else.  It shows it can be done.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I bought a pass to watch a football match, downloaded the new player which once installed only showed the coloured balls on a black background as described by many in this thread. I then spent the best part of an hour in a live chat with a Now TV technician which to be honest covered completely irrelevent things such as his repeated advice about re-entering a voucher number. I explained I had bought the 24 hour pass online and had not used a voucher but he kept on about this. It was only about 40 minutes into this conversation that he revealed that the player had technical issues. I asked for a refund but no information on a process for getting one was given.  

On reading the posts in this forum it is apparent that Now TV are fully aware that there is a problem with using the new player on Macs and its clear that this has been the case since at the latest mid - March. This begs the question, why have Now TV not placed a warning of this problem on their site to stop Mac users paying for a service which at the moment for Mac users is clearly not fit for purpose. I think that there should be refunds for all who bought passes / lost the service since the release of the player. I am sure that in time their will be a fix but in the meantime I think that Now TV should:  

1/ immediately place a message on their site to prevent others paying for a service they cannot access.

2/ Offer information on how users can acquire refunds.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi i agree with what you have said as i am having the same problem. just to let you if you use firefox with silverlight turned on it works. we shouldnt have to download diffeent browsers to make their problem work! good luck.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The team have released a fix for the player. Please let me know if you are still having issues. Heart