cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We've released a new version of the macOS player!

The team have been actively working towards today's release, which should help improve the performance of the player.

This release also prepares the player for some upcoming features, as well as a fix to resolve the p20001 issue so many of you have faced. We just need a bit more time on that one, but we'll let you know as soon as it's ready.

Next time you launch the app, it will present you with a button to download & install the latest version, or you can download the player from the Now TV website.

To celebrate this release, here's our Now TV Player performing a mexican wave! Courtesy of our senior developer Ben L. who broke our unit tests earlier, which resulted in this wonderful little accident Heart

200 REPLIES 200
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had the same issue for the while now, as well.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey there @Anonymous User, we're aware that some people have been seeing this issue.

Have you been able to play content using the new player before?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous User, I have never managed to get the NowTV Player working

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here, never been able to play a single video. All I get is error (p1301).

This is a real bummer, F1 starts this coming weekend!! Help!

OSX 10.11.6 (mid-2012 Macbook Pro).

Has anyone gotten the player to work on OSX?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nope, mine still loads up as the Silverlight player, then says "There was an error starting the video stream." – I have downloaded the Now TV one, but it refuses to work.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also experiencing the same issue, its extremely frustrating.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue here. Thought I'd be able to watch the F1 today.

I'm on OSX Sierra if it helps.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm on a mac running sierra 10.12.3 and able to use the Now tv Player. I updated to 10.12.4 and couldn't get it to work. When I played a program it would just open in the web browser. I tried deleting and installing the Now Tv app and all the fixes Now Tv recommends but still nothing.

I then rolled back via time machine to 10.12.3 and its working again. I know this probably doesn't help you but the App is working now so it is capable to use.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I'm on a mac running sierra 10.12.3 and able to use the Now tv Player. I updated to 10.12.4 and couldn't get it to work. When I played a program it would just open in the web browser. I tried deleting and installing the Now Tv app and all the fixes Now Tv recommends but still nothing.

I then rolled back via time machine to 10.12.3 and its working again. I know this probably doesn't help you but the App is working now so it is capable to use.

Hey @Anonymous User, can you clarify what you mean by "it would just open in the web browser"?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous User, can you clarify what you mean by "it would just open in the web browser"?

It would only open a video window and play in that (i use Safari 10.0.3) it didn't even ask if I had Now Tv app installed (Which I did) I even downloaded the earlier version of firefox after speaking to tech support, it still did the same. After I rolled back to Mac Os 10.12.3 it played via the now tv app as it did before(using Safari) I had updated to 10.12.4.