cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We've released a new version of the macOS player!

The team have been actively working towards today's release, which should help improve the performance of the player.

This release also prepares the player for some upcoming features, as well as a fix to resolve the p20001 issue so many of you have faced. We just need a bit more time on that one, but we'll let you know as soon as it's ready.

Next time you launch the app, it will present you with a button to download & install the latest version, or you can download the player from the Now TV website.

To celebrate this release, here's our Now TV Player performing a mexican wave! Courtesy of our senior developer Ben L. who broke our unit tests earlier, which resulted in this wonderful little accident Heart

200 REPLIES 200
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Is anyone else having trouble with the NOW TV app on their MAC?

Originally started using the app with Safari 10.0.3 and had trouble with playback (the programmes would jump back on the timeline, replaying 2-5mins of the show I'm watching), sound drops out completely and evrything takes forever to load. So swapped to Firefox 52 - this allowed me to stream online until today, when it asked me to download the app again - and now I'm getting the problems above again. This is the only thing I am streaming over my internet, so I don't think it's a internet speed problem.

I am running Mac OS 10.10.5

Any suggestions would be greatly recieved

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Try these steps in this link https://help.nowtv.com/article/Troubleshooting-NOW-TV-Box-and-Roku and let us know how you get on.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That link takes me to how to fix a now tv box - my problem is with streaming on a mac

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Sorry about that try this link for trouble accessing content http://po.st/2e6V33

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I don't have avast anti-virus software installed on my Mac

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I wish you'd stop just asking people to check their internet speed like it's OUR fault. I have zero issues with Netflix, YouTube or any other aspect of the internet. Only Now TV and only on my Mac (well, for the sake or argument - let's be honest, it's ropey at the best of times).

I've been unable to watch Now TV on my Mac since you introduced the awful new player - seems so have a lot of other people as well - and I've not seen any official word from the company about when this might be fixed, or how to resolve it.

Also... why does this count as another device? I have to have my Mac AND the Now TV Player both registered? Tell me that isn't the case. I want my phone, iPad, home TV and laptop all able to use the service I am paying for or like a lot of other people here I'm just going to cancel.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey,

I am having problems with the Now TV Player on Mac OSX (El Capitan 10.11.6). All i seem to get is a black screen with a spinner...

My machine:

Mac OSX (El Capitan 10.11.6)

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)

2.8 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel Iris 1536 MB

I have already tried Black Screen Mac help article which has no effect. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Chris

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Give these steps a try http://po.st/7U7XEW and let us know how you get on.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@Anonymous User Give these steps a try http://po.st/7U7XEW and lwet us know how you get on.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Paul,

There are no large downloads, and my speed test results are 35Mbps down, 12Mbps up

I was able to download an old version of Firefox (52.0esr) and was able to watch using Silverlight, so i don't think it's buffering issues either...

I would still ideally like to get it working with the NowTV Player as I dont want to run outdated software just to watch TV.

To claify, the NowTV Player only shows the spinner on a black packground, there is never any video or audio.

Any suggestions?