cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Watching Sky Sports News on the desktop app

Hi there. How do you watch Sky Sports News on the Desktop App? I've got a mac. All other channels are available and work fine. I can watch it on my PS4 and iPad no problem. It comes under Sky Sports, and I don't have that pass, but do have the Entertainment one which means I should be ble to watch it.

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I didn't realise that the Sky Sports News channel was free on the PS4 or IPad using an entertainment pass (unless you using a NowTV / Roku Box or Stick).

Unless this has changed recently have a read of this.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/using-sky-sports-news-hq-app-on-now-tv-box-stick 

Is it possible that you have used a NowTV day or week sports pass in the last 30 days and the thirty days is now up ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I haven't had a Sky Sports pass since August, and don't have a box or stick. So I am not supposed to be able to watch SkySports News on the iPad or PS4? Better enjoy it while it lasts...

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Perhaps the rules have changed ?

I am on a six month sports pass deal, so i can't check my non NowTV / Roku devices if NowTV have relaxed this rule.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Perhaps somebody here on the forum can check if Sky Sports News works on a non NowTV / Roku device with either an entertainment, cinema, kids or hayu pass (not sports pass) ?

Or you could ask the question over on live chat if you wish ? 

RoyB
Legend

@schnapps  @Anonymous User 

Very odd. (Currently, I have just an Entertainment voucher, by the way).

On my iPad, start Sky Sports News from the Safari or Chrome browser, and it brings up a page of standard-price Sports Pass options and invites you to buy one to watch it.

But start the NowTV Player on the iPad, the same one that these browsers use, directly, and you can watch it perfectly well.

However, all the other Sports options bring up a small dialogue box saying that you need a Sports Pass to watch them. From where you then have to go and find out for yourself how to do this.

So the answer for Sky Sports News on the iPad is Yes - or No, depending on how you try to access it.

On my Samsung 32in TV, I can get Sky Sports News just fine on the NowTV native app. But again, I get a page of standard-price Sports Pass purchase offers if I choose any of the other Sports Channels.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @schnapps 

Based on my iPad experience, you may be able to get Sky Sports News on your Mac by starting the Player app directly, rather than from the browser.

I can do this on my Windows 10 laptop (and it is the Player part of the Browser/Player combination I am starting, not the separate and different Microsoft Store app), so hopefully you can figure out how to to the same on your Mac.

I have a Mac (I have more things I can run NowTV on than NowTV will allow me slots to run them in!), but it’s in the office, so I can’t check it until Monday at the earliest.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.