cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Watching NowTV on a PC not working

Hi

A couple of weeks ago the NOWTV app running on my apple TV was retired from service, this meant my only options for watching NOWTV was on my PC or iPad. The last time I used NOWTV from a browser, it just played in the browser, which worked great, but now that has been stopped and I was asked to download a "player", which I did. This doesn't work either.

Is it a Windows version issue? As of 13:00 today (01/06/21) my Windows 10 Pro is fully up to date.

Is it a browser issue? I'm using Chrome which has just been fully updated.

Is there anything I can try to get this working on my PC because if all I'm left with is the option to watch on my iPad, I won't consider that value for money and will cancel my subscription.

Best Regards

Chris Taylor

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have a nosy at my reply on this thread 

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Content-Issues-Missing-Episodes/Unable-to-stream-on-AppleTV-or-MacBook/td-p/561009/jump-to/first-unread-message

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply.

I've tried reinstalling about half a dozen times now and also reset my router which unfortunately hasn't fixed it yet. I'm not seeing any error messages anywhere in the player app or on the website -  when I click play on a TV episode it's like it's not connected to anything because nothing happens.

I'm assuming you still choose what to watch from the website and upon hitting play it fires up the player app, rather than the player app is where you select what to watch?

Thanks

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

If I’m being honest I haven’t a clue how the NOW player works, as I haven’t used my laptop to watch NOW content in about 2/3 years.

As a guess based on this link it indicates that when you find something to watch on the site it should give you an option to either download or watch on the player.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/watching-now-on-windows

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help