cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Watching Now TV on Windows

Hi,

Please can someone help me!!.  Ive paid for th entertainment pass for my windows laptop and followed all the steps and downloaded the player successfully; I have superfast fibre broadband bt I still can't watch any of the programmes.  Any programme I chose to watch just has the whirring circle in the middle and never plays ??  I've tried to call them for technical help but the only number is a Sky number and if you don't have sky broadband then they direct you to the online help centre - which is no use at all.  We have excellent broadband where all the other devises run without any buffering issues at all so I know it's not that.  Please help, even if its to direct me to an online chat service with a member of the now tv team; just someone from nowtv that can help me resolve this as i'm now into my 2nd week of paying for this service that I can't use.

Many thanks for any help.

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I can't help with the nowtv player on your PC, however some members using Windows have had better success watching nowtv via the Silverlight plugin with IE11.

More info here if you want to give it a try.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/google-chrome-silverlight-compatibility

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@schnapps wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

I can't help with the nowtv player on your PC, however some members using Windows have had better success watching nowtv via the Silverlight plugin with IE11.

More info here if you want to give it a try.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/google-chrome-silverlight-compatibility

Yes @Anonymous User 

I myself have had more luck using Internet Explorer with the Silverlight Plugin installed (it will prompt you to download if you haven't already) @schnapps suggestion is the best bet at this point. Let us know if you need ny devices removed or changed as the broswer and the windows app count as two different apps unforuntnately. Cheers 🙂

sirchinny
Scholar

Now TV do not have enough bandwidth to cover their subscriber base, hence the constant buffering and awful picture.

They are part of Sky, and therefore customer service is secondary to them. All they care about is your money.

They have, without doubt, the worst streaming serfvice in the UK, and possibly Europe.