cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Watching NOW TV on Windows PC

Hi there, apologies in advance if the answer is in another post. I've spent quite a long time now looking!

I'm trying to watch NOW TV on my desktop PC and having followed this: https://help.nowtv.com/article/watching-now-on-windows the Player doesn't appear to be working. When I'm prompted to choose an application, the option that's there does not work. I don't get any further prompts or even error messages. It doesn't appear that anything has even crashed. There's just, well, nothing....

I'd like to post an image alongside this post but I can't see an option to do that

Any advice will be gratefully received!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am not a NOW watcher on my PC, so i doubt this will help, but have you tried a different internet browser when attempting to download or start watching on the NOW Player software.

Also make sure any software or programmes running in the background on your PC is switched off. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks so much for replying @schnapps

I've tried both Chrome and Firefox, rebooted PC twice and have shutdown all other software/apps etc. Unless something is running in the background that's invisible/hidden, then I think that might be some deeper troubleshooting!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Hopefully a PC user on the Community Forum knows exactly what's gone wrong and what's needed to be done.

Otherwise see if NOW live chat can assist and help you further (do you need a link to live chat ?).

Anyway Goodluck and hope you get it sorted.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @schnapps ! I'm on live chat now. Fingers crossed....

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Another thing to check is when on the NOW website you are in the right region in your URL address bar there will be a gb somewhere on the address for a UK customer, a ie in the address for a Republic of Ireland customer and it in the web address for an Italian NOW customer.

Also try your browser in a Private Window or InCognito mode, my guess there is something on your PC or Router preventing the NOW Player to start running.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

When you say ‘choose an application’, what do you mean, exactly?

There is no part of this process that involves choosing an application.

Do you mean that you cannot even get the Player to download and install?

Or by ‘application’ do you mean a piece of content that you want to watch?

And which version of Windows are you running?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @RoyB thanks for replying. Apologies for lack of clarity - I was using Firefox at the time and Firefox will ask me which application (i.e. program) to use and I can either navigate to the appropriate one, or select the one that's highlighted by default. None of these work.

Chrome does not do this. It tells me it will open in an application but then does nothing.

The Player successfully downloads and installs, but it seems to me that the browser doesn't know where the Player is. I can't find a way to force this.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro.

After a long time on live chat last night, I've now been told this will be escalated to the Tech Team.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User see linked thread and the one that's also linked in it

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Setup-Performance/Now-TV-Player-not-working-Opening-on-PC/td-p/550430

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Saint1976you really are a saint! Thank you so much for fixing my problem. It was indeed a stupid little file in C:/Users.