cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Virus when installing NowTV update with Firefox

Hi there,

I have to download an update of the NowTV player for my PC (Windows 10), and I have tried twice and both times my antivirus software flags up TrojanMSIL.Crypt.dnri as a threat. When I agree to delete this file the download fails.

Could anyone tell me what I could do about this or whether there's an issue with the update?

Thanks,

Schneids

54 REPLIES 54
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Luckily there is a third option which we have already put into effect, and that's to use the full installer that was previously downloaded and installed by the web installer.

If you haven't got the player installed, you can download it here:

https://web.static.nowtv.com/watch/NOWTVPlayerInstaller-Full-Windows.exe

Well so far so good, I downloaded the app and did a separate virus-scan- no alarms from Kaspersky.

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a Windows 7 laptop running Bullguard antivirus

I opened the NowTV player app and it asked to download and install an update.

I've tried a few times to download and install but my antivirus is quarantining the update, flagging it as being Trojan.GenerickKD.5388620

I've had a look and this is a form of malware.

Can anyone confirm what is going on with this new update?

Thank you!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got the same message with Eset antivirus when trying to update the player. 

Something about Nowtv is trying to access "generik.hhasktc"

I manually ended up updating it and ignoring the warning so I could watch Sky Atlantic.

Works fine, but still concerned. Would be great if someone could let us know whether it's a false positive or not please?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Logged into NowTV and prompted to download new version of NowTV player. Each time something malicious is flagged by my security software (BullGuard) and the download is cancelled. Any suggestions/ news?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had the same issue as my AVG kept saying it was malware and wouldnt let me download however it seems to have stopped doing this and the download has went through and im able to watch now tv again,,,,,, just as well was missing Game of Thrones!! Hope your issue has resolved too ?