cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Virus when installing NowTV update with Firefox

Hi there,

I have to download an update of the NowTV player for my PC (Windows 10), and I have tried twice and both times my antivirus software flags up TrojanMSIL.Crypt.dnri as a threat. When I agree to delete this file the download fails.

Could anyone tell me what I could do about this or whether there's an issue with the update?

Thanks,

Schneids

54 REPLIES 54
Anonymous User
Not applicable

When trying to update, you should no longer see the old installer that resulted in a false positive with anti-virus software.

The update process to now work as expected.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Problem fixed for me, AVG no longer giving a warning.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the update Jim Smiley Wink

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I use Norton and ive run the updater today ,,   watched a program,,then went out for a couple of hours,,, just got home and started looking on ebay when up pops a "congratulations you have won an I phone microsoft page with a click okey button to claim my prize... I didnt ..googled the web address babbitedwin.men   first time i googled it two results popped up ,,the second was called baitedwin.men    so I ran norton which then detected a trojan included in the latest update,,,some thing is attached that shouldnt be ,,i dont ever get pop ups with trap doors in them ,,fairly tech savvy ... you have a problem now tv !!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

to be more specific a trojen gen.2 program has been or was attached,, it opens up a trap door page whilst browsing via firefox..... got rid now ..please let us know when its safe to use you pay per view web site..many thanks .

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Tony-D Can you help here? 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi there,

I have to download an update of the NowTV player for my PC (Windows 10), and I have tried twice and both times my antivirus software flags up TrojanMSIL.Crypt.dnri as a threat. When I agree to delete this file the download fails.

Could anyone tell me what I could do about this or whether there's an issue with the update?

Thanks,

Schneids

Hi @Anonymous User

Are you using Kapersky by any chance? Had this issue a few time you see.

Cheers for the tag @caseyb1993 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Tony,

yes, exactly, I am using Kasperski. So you're saying the file isn't problematic?

Thanks,

Schneids

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi Tony,

yes, exactly, I am using Kasperski. So you're saying the file isn't problematic?

Thanks,

Schneids

@Anonymous User Hi, it shouldn't be. It's called a flase flag virus/malware. Happens sometimes with anything. But that's not to say it is 100 % safe. You drag and drop the file (or put the URL into) here https://virusdesk.kaspersky.com/ and it will give you a more definitive answer. Also, have you ever considered changing your Antivirus Software? Or have you already bought a license for Kapersky?

Thanks

Tony

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User Just reading up on Kapersky amongst other AV software. I think your Kapersky is actually worth keeping. They seem to have upped their game in recent years 🙂 No need to change.  Edit: I may switch to Kapersky myself 🙂