cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate

Re: Now TV Player update

Hi 

I am the same my AVG has blocked the update and says its malware...... what are you doing about this NOW tv? 

If we cant update we cant use the now tv player.......

Smiley Mad

0 Thanks
Advocate

I can confirm that this issue is occuring with Bullguard as well. However instead of giving me the option of selected it as a false positive (option only appears when running executables for the first time), it just simply moves the downloaded file to Quarantine.  

[edit] It could be an issue with which browser your downloading from. I was getting the corrupted file message when downloading from Google Chrome, I switched to Microsoft Edge just for the download, and Bullguard didn't register any issues

0 Thanks
Advocate

Hi, 

I use AVG anti virus softrware and It also flags up a malware issue. 

Are you closer to offering a solution to this problem?

0 Thanks

NowTV player download issue (as of 21-08-2017)

Logged into NowTV and prompted to download new version of NowTV player. Each time something malicious is flagged by my security software (BullGuard) and the download is cancelled. Any suggestions/ news?

Advocate

I have also had my anti virus software block and flag as high risk the NOW tv update. It detected a Trojan, as other customers have mentioned. There seems to be lots of different anti virus software flagging this. I've only just joined NOW tv and the ability to watch on my laptop was a major reason for me signing up,so hope this issue can be addressed quickly. Please sort this out NOW tv.

0 Thanks
Advocate

Avira is also flagging it as a trojan, sounds like the software opens a back door into your system which is not acceptable not even for a trusted website. I'm not overriding this, it's a joke fix your sketchy software or i'm doing a chargeback.

0 Thanks
NOW TV Team
NOW TV Team

Thanks all for reporting. We're changing the update configuration to point to the correct url.

For now, you can download the update here:

https://web.static.nowtv.com/watch/NOWTVPlayerInstaller-Full-Windows.exe

0 Thanks
NOW TV Team
NOW TV Team

Thanks all for reporting. We're changing the update configuration to point to the correct url.

For now, you can download the update here:

https://web.static.nowtv.com/watch/NOWTVPlayerInstaller-Full-Windows.exe

0 Thanks
NOW TV Team
NOW TV Team

When trying to update, you should no longer see the old installer that resulted in a false positive with anti-virus software.

The update process to now work as expected.

Advocate

Problem fixed for me, AVG no longer giving a warning.