cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Virus when installing NowTV update with Firefox

Hi there,

I have to download an update of the NowTV player for my PC (Windows 10), and I have tried twice and both times my antivirus software flags up TrojanMSIL.Crypt.dnri as a threat. When I agree to delete this file the download fails.

Could anyone tell me what I could do about this or whether there's an issue with the update?

Thanks,

Schneids

54 REPLIES 54
madamtoffee
Scholar

Avira also warning of virus so can't update or watch any progs!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi 

I am the same my AVG has blocked the update and says its malware...... what are you doing about this NOW tv? 

If we cant update we cant use the now tv player.......

Smiley Mad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

AVG is now not stopping the new Now Tv update  Cat Very HappySmiley Very Happy  Woohoo !  Can watch Game of Thrones at last ,,,, hope everyone else has tried to update as looks like the issue may have been fixed now?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep, same problem with McAfee. My Security system quarantined a specific file, which I then restored as I figured a NOW TV  update was unlikely to include anything genuinely problematic and was likely a false flag. Player still wouldn't work, so I uninstalled it, deleted cookies etc as advised, and attempted to download the player again. Got an error message halfway through install, saying something about 'can't create a file that already exists', even though the uninstall is SUPPOSED to remove all components of a program. Brilliant work, Now TV. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can confirm that this issue is occuring with Bullguard as well. However instead of giving me the option of selected it as a false positive (option only appears when running executables for the first time), it just simply moves the downloaded file to Quarantine.  

[edit] It could be an issue with which browser your downloading from. I was getting the corrupted file message when downloading from Google Chrome, I switched to Microsoft Edge just for the download, and Bullguard didn't register any issues

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, 

I use AVG anti virus softrware and It also flags up a malware issue. 

Are you closer to offering a solution to this problem?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have also had my anti virus software block and flag as high risk the NOW tv update. It detected a Trojan, as other customers have mentioned. There seems to be lots of different anti virus software flagging this. I've only just joined NOW tv and the ability to watch on my laptop was a major reason for me signing up,so hope this issue can be addressed quickly. Please sort this out NOW tv.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Avira is also flagging it as a trojan, sounds like the software opens a back door into your system which is not acceptable not even for a trusted website. I'm not overriding this, it's a joke fix your sketchy software or i'm doing a chargeback.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks all for reporting. We're changing the update configuration to point to the correct url.

For now, you can download the update here:

https://web.static.nowtv.com/watch/NOWTVPlayerInstaller-Full-Windows.exe

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks all for reporting. We're changing the update configuration to point to the correct url.

For now, you can download the update here:

https://web.static.nowtv.com/watch/NOWTVPlayerInstaller-Full-Windows.exe