cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Very Poor streaming quality on MacBook

I've been having a really poor streaming experience with the NOWTV app through my MacBook Pro. I've read that you only receive 720p or 1080p with Boost, so I added Boost and there is literally zero improvement (see images) . Trying to watch F1 and the picture keeps flicking back and forth from,  I don't know, 240p-720p (at best). Asides from a new smart TV does anyone know of any solutions as this is just unwatchable especially when Netflix, Youtube etc all manage 1080p+ no problem.

Images showing what I'm getting:

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I don't use a PC or Mac watching NOW, but the maximum PQ stream on these devices are capped at 720p even with Boost.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-highest-streaming-quality-for-my-device 

I would try something like Google Public DNS on your Mac if it's possible to see if the picture using NOW is more stable.

If you have an existing TV with a HDMI port on it, then instead of buying a new smart TV just use something like a Amazon Fire Stick or Roku Player. 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

There’s a TV, or a monitor, on the wall in those pictures, seemingly relaying what the MacBook is showing.

If its HDCP is up to snuff, you could probably plug a Firestick or Roku into that.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.